Web App Questions

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Is freemium still working?

We've heard from several formerly wildly successful software/webapp companies using the freemium business model that it is no longer working well. Does anyone have any validation to this? And if...

asked Oct 15 '11 at 05:10
Blank
Sydney Stavrou
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Benefits of building an app on Facebook

What are the benefits of building a web app on Facebook opposed to an independent website? Any responses welcome, Thanks

asked Oct 1 '11 at 03:28
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.42K Views
What is the best way to test whether people would pay for a web application?

I am currently implementing a relatively simple web application, as I'm trying to dive into Ruby on Rails. It turns out be going quite well and, in my opinion, it will appeal to a lot of users. But...

asked Sep 14 '11 at 05:19
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Pricing for the premium content?

We are in a process of launching a new start-up. It is a web based software application/platform providing business networking services. Although not directly comparable, however for the...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.2K Views
Finding out another start-up has the same idea

I came up with a great idea for a webapp, I've been creating design docs, project specs etc. Everything was going well until I decided to google my idea, which to my surprise came up with one...

asked Sep 20 '11 at 16:41
Blank
User744319
94 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
Marketing my niche web application

I'm a web developer by trade but I work for a graphic design agency. I've written a subscription service (I own the code) that allows design studios to track jobs, allocate them to staff and track...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 18:52
Blank
Jim Blizz
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
How much is a client worth?

One feature of my new web app is the evaluation and ranking of clients (it's aimed at small service providers). At the moment I have the following criteria: Size of billing Payment speed Amount...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 06:16
Blank
Steve French
621 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.04K Views
Tracking User Actions on Landing Pages

I'm developing a web application. It's months away from completion but I would like to build a landing page to show to potential customers to explain things and gauge their interest--basically...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Chris W.
116 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
How does a free webapp earn money?

I saw a lot of web applications today that are free to use. Any idea how they earn money? Aside from ads, of course.

asked Jun 13 '11 at 00:55
Blank
B
116 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
Providing technical support for a web software application

I've developed a web software application that allows teachers and students to fix session times. I'm planning to provide this software for sale as an installable. However, I cringe at the...

asked May 28 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Jon
126 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Considerations in outsourcing your website and app development

Before contracting a developer, what should be considered? Legally what documents are standard and recommended, and why?

asked Jun 2 '11 at 12:20
Blank
Sam
509 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
What would you charge for this app?

We are in talks with our first app-development client, who are first-time app-development customers and have done no research on custom app pricing or gotten other bids. It's been a bit of a...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:33
Blank
User9306
13 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.45K Views
Should I offer a site tour on my home page?

In the not so distant future, I will be launching a site that is mostly for businesses and is largely Software as a Service. I am wondering what you think about the pros and cons of having a pretty...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 11:02
Blank
User9886
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.07K Views
Approach copyright holders to licence IP for my game

I built an electronic version of a popular board game. I got some good responses on avoiding legal issues, but I went ahead and built it anyway, keeping it private for obvious reasons. Everyone who...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 22:49
Blank
Pate
306 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Pricing for very first web app

My question concerns pricing and I hope someone here will offer us the benefit of their experience. A friend is moving from avid autodidactic tinkerer to professional web app developer this week...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 09:16
Blank
User9306
13 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.15K Views
Attempting to sell a web application

I'm looking for the best way to sell a web application. I've thought of the following options: Create an installable that people will need to purchase and run on their own web servers via a...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 02:35
Blank
Jon
126 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.77K Views
User confirmation of terms

This is more of a legal question but I couldn't find the "Legal" Q&A on StackExchange yet...maybe next week :) I have a web app and mobile app where users sign up and create an account. I also...

asked Apr 7 '11 at 13:39
Blank
B Mon
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
How can I reduce the costs of deployment of my web application on the servers?

I am a Java Web Application Developer. I have an idea for a web application project that I am working on. I personally believe that this web app has potential to become a widely popular website,...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 04:25
Blank
Aklin81
125 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
7.82K Views
What's a good place to sell web-apps?

Let's say you've got a web-app (what for is not really the point) ready to go live, but you don't wanna run it - you wanna sell it to the best bidder. What are some good places to auction it...

asked Mar 30 '11 at 04:28
Blank
John Idol
133 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
3.34K Views
Help! I'm a serial entrepreneur that keeps coming up with ideas that never get completed

I am a web applications developer and one of my big problems in launching my own self-initiated and funded web applications is that I just can't stop coming up with application ideas. Seriously, I...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 18:09
Blank
Digital Sea
1,613 points