Apps Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.04K Views
A Catch-22. Need viewers to give some value to developers. Need developers to generate some value for viewers

I have created an App Discovery service that helps iOS Games get discovered by ranking apps based on their engagement & quality rather than quality. Developers have to create an account and...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 11:10
Blank
User1151659
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.73K Views
Web Application Ethics?

A customer asked us to build a small web application. We charged them to develop it and had a clause in the contract which stated we "reserve the right to re-use any code written for this...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 19:52
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Someone wants to use my app name

I have n app on the App Store it doesn't doing terribly well because I am neglecting it a little but I intend to go back to it soon. Basically a big gaming company has approached me and wanted to...

asked Sep 25 '13 at 05:33
Blank
Chris
31 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
What should we know in order to make a 3rd-party developer's life easier?

My company is looking to develop a cross-platform mobile application. What are some general things we should know before approaching a developer that will make their lives easier and our app...

asked Sep 28 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Davey Boy
55 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
How can one monetize an app in the Google Web Store?

I have a couple of apps on the Windows Phone Store with a decent number of downloads. I was thinking about converting them to iOS or Android, but then I started looking into the Chrome Web Store. I...

asked Jul 30 '13 at 07:46
Blank
Martin
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Is it legal to publish user apps from my account on iPhone App store?

I am an app developer, thinking of releasing an app development service, where I can charge my customers monthly or annually and release their apps from my account on app store. Will this violate...

asked Aug 12 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Happyhardik
101 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Equity/Profit share split for small projects with unknown levels of contribution

Alright, I have a pretty clear understanding of how to split equity for real startups, but how to do it for a smaller project (an app), with little acquisition potential (just profits), and a team...

asked May 23 '13 at 09:58
Blank
Sean Clark Hess
113 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
iphone app revenue statistics

Does anyone know if there is any way possible to find revenue statistics for iPhone apps? I am aware of how secretive Apple is with the App Store but is there any way even if its not very...

asked May 13 '13 at 05:43
Blank
Dimitris
113 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
A dilema of starting a company vs. doing a project for a client

I got a request for a proposal to create a web application. The application would be used internally by a company to manage aspects of their business process. Coincidentally, the proposed...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 06:27
Blank
Mohamad
121 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.54K Views
Do I need to register as LLC even if I plan to make my iOS apps free?

I have personally made some apps and I want to put them on the Apple app store as free apps. I will probably also make them open source on github or something. I had been reluctant to do so because...

asked Feb 27 '13 at 19:53
Blank
Yeesterbunny
108 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
1.95K Views
Partnering up with friends

I have a small internet marketing business that is growing nicely. I'm also a mobile developer on the side. I have a few app ideas I came up with, with a few different friends. Aside from my...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 05:14
Blank
Mnort9
201 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
What if there is a similar named iPhone app already in the app store?

I am about to submit my first app to the Apple app store. Let's say that it is called "GreatClock". There is already an app on the market called "great clock". There is some variable spelling,...

asked Jan 18 '13 at 14:05
Blank
User35610
13 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views

I have been working on a startup for some time now, and a couple of weeks ago we came up with an idea for a pivot (the original startup isn't getting the traction we were expecting). To avoid the...

asked Jan 23 '13 at 10:52
Blank
Willvv
138 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.77K Views
Choosing a domain / app name... What if another company already uses it?

Obviously, you can't use the same name as another BIG, recognizable company. And you also want to avoid trademark issues. But what about these two scenarios: You finally find a domain name and...

asked Jan 9 '13 at 22:29
Blank
Bc Web
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Should I include a coupon code with my app review submission?

I will be submitting my Android app to bloggers and review sites very soon. My app has two editions: a 30-day free "trial" version, and a paid "pro" version. I've created coupon codes that unlock...

asked Dec 25 '12 at 07:34
Blank
Barry Fruitman
119 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.24K Views
What are the pros and cons of a web-only app?

I've developed a web-based RSS reader and it seems the next logical step would be to create apps for the various mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.). But I have no idea where to begin and I would...

asked Dec 4 '12 at 07:50
Blank
Richard
357 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.05K Views
How to monetize high volume downloaded Mobile App without Ad?

yes it is a generic question, because it meant to be generic. I know it depends of the business of the App proposal but, in a macro vision way, what should be the common steps to monetize one...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 01:20
Blank
South
176 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.45K Views
At what income number does S-Corp save you money over a Sole Proprietorship

Situation Have formed a LLC in New York City. It is single member. Sole purpose is to sell mobile apps. Limited deduction opportunity. Running business part time. From home. Questions I'm trying...

asked Nov 24 '12 at 08:28
Blank
Drc
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Making a hyper niche app targeted for a large company

So I am a developer, and I had this idea about making an app only for florists. Obviously theres not a lot of money in that so what if in addition to any florists that signed on, 1800flowers or...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 01:53
Blank
Ben Thomson
140 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Just Released First App... Promotion Help

I am relatively new to programming. I have been programming with Java and Android for about 2 years now and just recently released my first app to the Google Play app store. I have passed the word...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 03:11
Blank
Jason Crosby
123 points