Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

5 Votes
7 Answers
3.51K Views
How can non/coders contribute to a startup?

The subject is the question. How can someone who does not know how to code contribute to a startup? Do you recommend that that member attempt to learn some basic coding so as to contribute to the...

asked Jan 20 '10 at 11:23
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
3.7K Views
How to get the passion back and to stay focused and organized?

I've been running my business for 3 years now. It's grown substantially and doing quite well but I seem to be losing the passion of running the business. I'm interested in doing newer things but...

asked Dec 30 '09 at 22:36
Blank
Sam
43 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.43K Views
Selling a high traffic mobile site, any adivce?

We are looking to sell our business. We are a high traffic mobile site (16+ million unique visitors/month). What is the best way to get acquired? Should we use a business broker to facilitate this...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 08:42
Blank
Mike
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
What Trends Are You Watching In 2010?

What are the big trends that you are watching for in 2010? They can be relevant to technology, business, your own industry, whatever... For me... The Apple Tablet - 'Tablet PCs done right'...

asked Jan 1 '10 at 19:44
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

11 Votes
8 Answers
4.71K Views
Business Bank Account Suggestions

Recently, my partner and I created an LLC and have secured about 30K in capital to start our online company. We are in the process of choosing a bank to work with and would appreciate some...

asked Jan 5 '10 at 01:52
Blank
Scott Blanc
90 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
5.19K Views
What makes a great business partner?

So the question is pretty basic, what are good qualities in a business partner? As a young freelancer I want to expand my business into a much larger company and I know I will likely need to...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 07:04
Blank
Montana Flynn
323 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Keeping current with new technology and applications

What sites, blogs, etc do you use to keep up with new business technologies and applications that do not market by traditional methods? I am non-technical and realized there is so much out there....

asked Dec 13 '09 at 19:59
Blank
Starr Ed
948 points

0 Votes
7 Answers
3.15K Views
What was your first business? How old were you when you started it?

Listening to Mixergy interviews I am always fascinated with how many entrepreneurs started their first businesses when they were really young. I hope to get responses of the first registered...

asked Nov 24 '09 at 06:11
Blank
Usman Sheikh
1,728 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
What's the best process for business planning?

So we're doing really well. Very exciting. Now we can start looking a little further out on our business planning and look for new markets, etc. What's your process for taking an existing product...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 12:00
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
What are your greatest tax season pain points?

As we think through new features to offer our small business and entrepreneur users, we're looking to the coming tax season as the time of year when most prefer not to have the distractions from...

asked Dec 4 '09 at 12:21
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
18.3K Views
What does traction really mean?

I've heard alot from this forum about traction. I tried to look at the meaning in the dictionary, but I somehow can not relate it with a startup. So what does it mean by traction and how does that...

asked Oct 30 '09 at 15:37
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points