Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
Signing a business insurance quote

just a quick question - I know there are many companies online that compare business insurance quotes - which one is the most reliable one? Which would you recommend? Also, when signing their...

asked Jan 31 '11 at 00:39
Blank
Emilie Gray
36 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
8.19K Views
How can some companies offer low shipping rates using FedEx?

There are companies that are able to ship a mattress with a shipping charge of $5. There are many, like Amazon, that are able to offer free shipping. Logic tells me that you achieve this by...

asked Feb 6 '11 at 04:50
Blank
Geo
268 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.36K Views
How complete should my business plan be before I approach investors?

I know there are a number of business plan questions already, but my question applies to a specific aspect of the process. As my partners and I are researching and developing our plan, I've been...

asked Jan 14 '11 at 10:14
Blank
Matt
180 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.4K Views
I have a great Idea for a Startup, a Web App Business, How and Where to start?

I have a great idea for a web app in personal finance niche. It's a B2C. I have brainstormed and did some research. I made some specs and wrote the idea explaining every functionality. There is...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 22:28
Blank
Andy Mortin
141 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.3K Views
Creating a Business for Side Programming

I'm an Android developer that has made money over some of the apps I've created in the past year. I have no corporate filing so I am currently considered a sole proprietor in the state of Florida....

asked Jan 2 '11 at 14:28
Blank
Futon
46 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
best plan on how to open a new optical buisness?

My wife is an optometrist of ten years and is ready to stop working for someone else and start her own establishment. She is very well liked by all her patients and since moving from NY to NJ last...

asked Jan 4 '11 at 02:36
Blank
Kacalapy
129 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How do I find a reliable Chinese supplier to manufacture electronic circuits for my product?

I have designed a prototype of my idea which includes simple electronic circuits. I would like to manufacture it in China. (yes ... because of the money) I would like to know how it is to find a...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 08:05
Blank
Hamed
16 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.94K Views
Won't an operational manual incur many competitors?

I read the book*The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It*. It is said that we should treat a business as a system, as a money-making machine. We should...

asked Jan 10 '11 at 18:40
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.28K Views
Is there a company that you can turn over your web site and let it run the biz for you and split the profit?

We spent quite a bit of money and time building a great IT career Site. In the meantime, another opportunity that's more lucrative with less competition came up. So we are looking to have the...

asked Jan 11 '11 at 08:47
Blank
Donald
136 points

13 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Under what circumstances does it make sense to create another business?

If I have a consulting business, does it make sense to start another business (new legal entity) if I want to develop and sell a product? What if I have business selling B2B but want to start...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 02:20
Blank
Sumrak
168 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
Is there a proven way to attract users to a site besides the usual suspects we all know?

Aside from Adwords, Link Building, blogging, what are some other ways to attract and retain a loyal user base??

asked Jan 12 '11 at 06:55
Blank
Donald
136 points

10 Votes
8 Answers
3.73K Views
New Startup - How to outsource everything without losing control

I run one technology startup now that takes up most/all of my time. I have another idea for a technology startup and wanted to outsource everything either through contract workers or salaried...

asked Dec 16 '10 at 14:55
Blank
Steve
56 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.13K Views
What's the best sales book you've ever read?

Any recommendation? Is sale a process to deliver comfort which is declared in the book "E-myth revisited"?

asked Dec 19 '10 at 16:11
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Advice for a young startup

I'm a first-time entrepreneur and I've come across a few problems and solved them. I'm dealing with a certain couple of problems now that I'm not sure how to solve. Before I ask my questions, let...

asked Dec 28 '10 at 08:23
Blank
Jason Swett
555 points

12 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
How to find customers (or early adopters)

I read a blog post that said before you start developing your product, you should find at least 10 people who are willing to pay for the product. This seems like good sense to me and I plan to...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 01:42
Blank
Jason Swett
555 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Cloud based customer support service

If I was to build a free hosted customer support service, would anyone want to use it? i.e Community powered customer support platform (post public), with company help desk ticket support (post...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 11:14
Blank
167 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Where to start business. I am planning to move countries - can my business when started relocate easily?

I currently live in South Africa, but I am an Australian citizen. I am planning to relocate to the UK for 2 years and then Ireland indefinitely. I am building an online business to market a product...

asked Dec 29 '10 at 19:20
Blank
User6226
11 points

12 Votes
8 Answers
2.92K Views
What do you think about working only 4 days?

Our startup is getting bigger and I'm thinking about decreasing our weekdays to 4. I always wanted this for myself and now I thought I can give it a try in my own company. We are fairly small,...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 04:13
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
4.51K Views
How do you keep yourself and employees from goofing off?

I have noticed that for the past few months, I have been wasting a lot of time on needless things. How do you keep yourself focused in your business?

asked Dec 11 '10 at 09:55
Blank
Frank
2,079 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
7.56K Views
What is a good, widely used business 101 textbook?

What is a good Business 101 textbook that I, a technical founder, can use to give myself a crash course in business. I'm not looking for "Business for Dummies" or "Start Your Business in 24 Days"...

asked Dec 14 '10 at 03:52
Blank
Daniel Bingham
148 points