Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.81K Views
Is it worth it to set up an LLC in MA?

I live in MA and currently run some blogging websites, but have dreams to expand to a broader range of media businesses. I have been reading about taking the next steps and it seems I might want to...

asked May 26 '11 at 00:41
Blank
Dilbert Sigtau
11 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
4.88K Views
Company formation for a non-resident – Delaware LLC and London LTD

Got a few questions about forming a single member LLC in Delaware or LTD in London. I’m looking into forming a company abroad for an easier way to do business and billing (+ its cheaper) and am...

asked May 26 '11 at 08:10
Blank
Teekay
394 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.72K Views
Startup costs for a convenience store

I'm not sure if this forum is an appropriate place for this question but here goes. I work in a building that isn't close to any restaurants even though it's in a downtown-ish area. There's just...

asked May 11 '11 at 02:07
Blank
Jason Swett
555 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Group Buy Business Startup Tips

Is there anyone that has experience with some groopon like applications (clones) and would like to share with me their experience?. I am just a programmer and I don't have much experience with...

asked May 12 '11 at 06:42
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.44K Views
What should a young entrepreneur do?

I'm twenty years old and I live in upstate New York. I took the last semester off to focus on starting a business, but it didn't take off as I planned. I want to be a successful entrepreneur and...

asked May 13 '11 at 15:37
Blank
Nh18
31 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.5K Views
Insuring against non payment

If after doing the necessary credit checks, after loaning someone some money, they don't pay it back after a period (how long would this need to be?) is there a way I can indemnify my business...

asked May 16 '11 at 07:13
Blank
Ryan
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
New Project Management startup business

What's the best way to market startup project management/facilities consulting company for homeowners, churches and businesses?

asked May 17 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Mc Cants
16 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3K Views
Why would someone write captchas all day?

A while ago i was surfing around the internet and i found this site: captchatrader.com. I don't understand why would someone pay for people to solve captchas. What is the reason? What do they get...

asked May 5 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.59K Views
Best FREE software/worksheet to prepare financial analysis for a business plan

I'm writing down a business plan and I'm looking for a FREE software or worksheet which helps and guides you in preparing the financial documents for the first, say, 5 years of operations (income...

asked May 5 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Attilio
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
looking for Accounting solution

I am looking for an accounting solution. I have an online store where I currently use PayPal, Shopify, and of course my own bank. I have not been able to find a good accounting solution yet. I am...

asked May 6 '11 at 03:07
Blank
Hank
1 point

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.08K Views
Should I search for a web developer/code business partner?

I am in the process of building a B2C online to offline based web service. The service itself is built through contracts that are established offline which are sold to consumers online. I have the...

asked May 8 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Jack
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
Best way to promote a contest for small businesses?

I run a web design company and we're having a contest for business owners. We're giving away a lot of prizes, with the grand prize winner getting a free website, hosting for a year, and other...

asked May 10 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Virtuosi Media
1,232 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Trying to determine the profit split for a business plan

I am working on a business plan that I will be pitching to someone very specific. Due to the fact that they are a very large name in their industry (and many others for that matter), the business...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 03:06
Blank
Joshua
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Do I send my product proposal to all of my prospects at the same time?

I came up with a solid product that would be interesting to the top 5 companies in my specific market. These 5 websites are very competitive and its a small market. In order for my product to...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 17:37
Blank
Frankie Yale
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
How to form an INC Company

I would like to know how inc companies are formed. Is it only beyond some threshold revenue or asset barrier that companies can be incorporated as incs. I have seen most of the US major companies:...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 18:24
Blank
Pathum Mudannayake
178 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
Chicken/Egg: New Startup, Need Credit Card

We're a new startup and need a credit card to make some online purchases. We're looking into options and all of them seem to want at least two years of business history, positive cash flow, etc....

asked Apr 29 '11 at 11:20
Blank
Aj.
212 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
Good Resources in LA/NY for Connecting Business/Technical Folks on Startup Opportunities?

I am an MBA that has worked at several startups/technology companies. What are the best resources in LA/NY to connect with like-minded technical people and explore opportunities? Thanks!

asked Apr 18 '11 at 06:48
Blank
Am7
16 points

2 Votes
10 Answers
3.29K Views
My business model: helping guys get laid

I’m entered into a business plan competition at my university and I could use a little inspiration to get my brain juices flowing. If the business plan works out I might even implement it in real...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 14:43
Blank
Djs13
30 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Am I doing the right thing: How can I know when I should start a business

I am extremely confused as to whether I am on the right track with the way I planned things to be. I wanted to start my own company in IT. I did a special degree in Geology and with effort I...

asked Apr 20 '11 at 02:45
Blank
Pathum Mudannayake
178 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
Understanding economy as a first step to undestanding businesses

Though i'm actually a computer science phd student, i have always been interested in marketing and businesses. This world fascinates me and i hope i will manage to do something in the field. There...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 18:36
Blank
Spyros P
132 points