Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.26K Views
Where should I register my LLC

I want to start my own business. I have developed a few iOS Apps and Android Apps under my real name.All these apps were published before I became employed (Full Time). I want to continue...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 01:19
Blank
Cocoa Dev
122 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
How to do market research with a focus group?

To help me raise funds for a new company (medical device) I decided to do some market research. I was able to arrange a focus group in a local hospital where I would like to get some input from...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 01:37
Blank
Ronny
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.59K Views
The mint.com of small business (Indinero and the like)

I currently use mint.com to keep track of my personal finances and I love it! Is there an equivalent product in regards to quality/execution for small businesses/startups? What does everyone here...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
How to record monies owed to me by my new startup? (bookkeeping question)

I have recently started a startup. I am totally bootstrapping the startup, and so costs are being kept to a minimum. There is no way the company can afford to pay me my normal (or even...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 15:45
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.59K Views
How to project product pricing for medical college/school

Our clients are medical schools/colleges. We have given a free product trial for 2 months with our first client. It is a unique product, there's a great learning process and we have had an amazing...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 00:11
Blank
Kumar K
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.53K Views
Start a web designing Company or Just bea Freelancer & go for a full time l Job ? I am in Big Dilemma

I have just finished my Degree in BTech in Electronics& Communications few months back and i am a enthusiastic Web designer so after my Degree in B Tech i started do a freelancing web designing...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 00:47
Blank
Panindra
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
what should be the business plan for a retail warehouse

I am looking for help in writing the business plan for a retail warehouse store in line with Costco or Uncle Sam's club. Will appreciate any help please. Sriram

asked Jul 25 '11 at 21:52
Blank
Sriram
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.5K Views
How should the profits be shared?

Imagine a scenario where two people set up a business. They contribute 50-50 in terms of investment. They split profit between them. Over time, only one of the partner now works for the business....

asked Jul 28 '11 at 00:25
Blank
Sid
44 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
How do I make my mother open a side business?

My mother is reaching 55, and she raises ideas for start-ups every now and then. I am a software developer and I'm used to rapid prototyping, so I keep urging her to just go ahead a do it! I...

asked Jul 30 '11 at 22:57
Blank
Nur Ne
186 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Is it ethical for an employee to start a similar business?

Is ethical for an employee quitting to start a similar business? What do you think?

asked Jul 31 '11 at 01:54
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.62K Views
Start up on student visa in the US

Has anyone, on this forum, started a business on student visa (F1) in US?

asked Jul 31 '11 at 09:46
Blank
Sid
44 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.74K Views
How to figure out new business ideas?

Possible Duplicate: Strategies for coming up with ideas I am trying to find new business ideas but I have not yet found one. How to think up new business ideas?

asked Aug 1 '11 at 02:06
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
7 Answers
18.4K Views
Can I start a company and sponsor my H1b to work for that company?

I am currently on a student visa (F1) at a community college. About two years ago I was laid off from work. My former employer had filed for my H1B. After the lay off I did a change of status to be...

asked Jul 13 '11 at 13:38
Blank
Sid
44 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
4.54K Views
How do you get the names of MBA textbooks being used in Wharton, Columbia or Harvard?

Ivy league colleges do provide their specific curriculum, but they don't give out the textbooks names, how do you get them ? So far I have been able to find wharton 2005-06 books list on amazon...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 06:30
Blank
Jack
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Reasonable share in startup company

I am working on a startup project (software) and I'm really enjoying it. I think the company has great potential. Up until now, the work has been part time and I've been able to fit it into my...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Johnny X
11 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.82K Views
What is the thing that all new startups neglect the most?

There are lots of business books and fields of study that provide advise on starting a new business. They do however seem to be a bit theoretical or vastly outdated. With this I am interested in...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 19:52
Blank
Salmon
181 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.41K Views
How to get legal help, online?

I am an immigrant in the US on student visa. I cannot afford lawyers at this point. I want to set up an LLC, since it makes more sense to me. Any ideas as to how to maneuver the legal aspects? I am...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 13:14
Blank
Sid
44 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
How to earn incentive on my website?

I have a website named Digital Flicks and its a website on most of the Web technology updates. Now the problem I have is that I want to monetize the website soon. I want to know some Ad Publishing...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Shiv Kumar Ganesh
118 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
Commerical Open Source and Community Open Source

I am thinking on working on an ERP system that I can sell or support on it. Currently, I have OpenERP and Tryton in my mind. Based on the comparison done on Wikipedia and other website, I was...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 10:38
Blank
Johan Sja
108 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.65K Views
Are mobile phones and service contracts a business write-off?

I purchased a smartphone to help me conduct my business (mobile hotspot, email, access company intranet, etc.). Previously, I did not own a cellphone, personal or business. Additionally, I signed a...

asked Jul 6 '11 at 17:14
Blank
Clint
695 points