Co-Founder Questions

What are the pros and cons of starting a business alone versus with cofounders? How many founders are too many?

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
Dividing equity among cofounders when one person is doing most of the work

I shared my startup idea with two of my best friends and it seemed like a great thing to do at the time. The entire thing basically revolves around a particular kind of content and let's just say...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 20:44
Blank
Aviraldg
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
Tech cofounder equity

Possible Duplicate: How to Divide Up Your Company's Equity I am teaming up with two co-founders to build a web platform. The two partners are business guys while I am the sole techie. I am in...

asked Feb 14 '12 at 05:18
Blank
Keith
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How much equity to give up front

Myself and my partner are both sales guys. I had a terrible business idea but after meeting with my future partner over lunch one day he made it better by with a few suggestions that I knew were...

asked Feb 17 '12 at 14:34
Blank
Dev Newb
118 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
Undisclosed equity: advantages and disadvantages

The CEO of a LLC early startup plans to distribute equity among the founders. Each founder will not know how much equity the other founder has. What are the advantages and the disadvantages of...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 23:14
Blank
Anon User
62 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Start up valuation - how much equity

Approached by 2 founders that are very early days of executing an idea. They have some good .com properties that will be central to brand/idea and had recent offers around $100K, with one outlier...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 12:24
Blank
Jjj
21 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.35K Views
How to kick out useless person in startup

Our startup has a person who holds a very high percentage of the company's common stock. We don't have any money yet, and we've been working for a year. This guy has done an extremely minimal...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 10:16
Blank
Pasham
26 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
How to make sure ,to be partner won't turnback after getting the lead

We are planning a start up website to sell few products which are available locally but have quite demand on other places. Here to outline I have the following experience: 1. Strong Technical...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 04:54
Blank
Simsons
101 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Partnership Question

I know there are tons of partnership questions, so I hope it's ok to add another one to the mix. I have been bootstrapped my own software product for the last year while still having a day job....

asked Jan 18 '12 at 23:26
Blank
Scott J.
111 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Can I create a startup without a business co-founder at first?

Long story short: I've had my fair share of bad business partners (the ones who were supposed to fill the holes on the business end from legal to marketing to sales). Being a technical person...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 08:06
Blank
Bojo
8 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Evaluating a "co-founder" offer

I was presented with the following offer and while I'm waiting legal advice, I'm interested to know your opinions. I'm been offered a "co-founder" seat with a bit over 10% in stock options vested...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 15:59
Blank
Latecomer
11 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
2.6K Views
How to split money on a start-up business with 3 Co-Founders!

2 other guys and myself decided to put together a young mens online magazine. We collectively came up with the name, but I came up with the concept of the magazine. 1 guy does the writing and the...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 12:47
Blank
Fashionisto
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
Is this equity split unfair?

Ok, so I'm a developer. I was approached the other week by a friend who had an idea for a website that he wanted to make, and he came to me because a) we know each other, and b) I've given him...

asked Jan 9 '12 at 18:03
Blank
Semisight
103 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.59K Views
How to find a software developer partner for an already profitable project?

A while back I outsourced the development of a .NET application via a freelancing site. I then marketed the software on a small scale to test its commercial viability. Sales were promising, and the...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 04:22
Blank
Dan
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.51K Views
I'm a part-time founder working with two full time partners. What is an appropriate equity share?

This is an update to a question I posted a few weeks ago. Help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. We are just hammering out terms (equity...

asked Jan 6 '12 at 11:22
Blank
Local79
21 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
5.74K Views
How to tell my co-founder that he is lazy and needs to step up his game?

I have a two member software start-up with a co-founder who is also a very good friend. We make decent money through our products and services, but could do much much better if my co-founder did...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 06:04
Blank
Fox
38 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.82K Views
What should a technical co-founder look for in a business co-founder?

This is the flip side of this question about what to look for in a technical co-founder. If I have technical skills and can build a prototype myself, what sort of skills or experience should I...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 08:59
Blank
Hartley Brody
1,317 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
6.12K Views
Equity for a part-time founder?

I'm a co-founder of a new startup with two other partners. I'm a designer and they are a developer and biz dev guy respectively. We are in the initial prototyping phase for the project and will be...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Local79
21 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.56K Views
How to divide equity among 6 founders when you desire to also get VC funding

I am looking to create a company with 6 founders. Reason being...I need them all and they are all genius. Because they are all already highly compensated at great companies, equity will be my only...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 10:02
Blank
Dustin
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
Where to look for Japanese speaking tech. co-founder?

I have a sort of "specific" dilemma. I am a founder of start-up (business networking platform) which target market is East Asia and Japan being one of the most important markets. Our beta is ready...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 17:31
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.51K Views
who can qualify to be a co-founder?

I am working on my project full-time w/o income for a while, now it's getting to the end and I need someone with marketing experience to on board and help out, and a technical guy for final...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 06:47
Blank
Tom
197 points