Recruiting Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
What scares away top applicants from job opportunities?

What are the worst things that you can do to scare away highly qualified people when they come across your job listings online?Conversely, how do you entice someone to become interested and submit...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 21:10
Blank
Glen Sepe
10 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.85K Views
Do I need any permit from US government for my startup website?

We have just finished and launched our web project. It is a kind of social platform for companies one of its tasks also enable companies to publish jobs advertisements. Every country would have a...

asked Oct 11 '13 at 23:44
Blank
Disconnect25
16 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.45K Views
Is it okay to ask potential hires about previous NDAs?

I'm in the midst of conducting research on starting up a small consulting/services business. Some of the services provided would involve developing proprietary algorithms. I would like to avoid...

asked Feb 11 '13 at 08:27
Blank
Nick Evans
23 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
Single Founder Rate of Success

I've spent quite a lot of time, met quite a lot of people, but still am failing at trying to find a cofounder for my startup. I've gone to numerous tech-meetups, met 1:1 with quite a few people,...

asked Feb 8 '13 at 00:41
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.46K Views
Hiring remote employees and getting work done

I want to hire a few developers and support executive for my website. Being an start up, I want to hire them to work remotely to save office expenses but I don't know anything about hiring full...

asked Dec 3 '12 at 20:32
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Getting a team of developers to join the bandwagon

I've been planning a social web app for about 12 months now, we have a large project team of about 23 members, a few technical team members but they're all currently busy with study or current...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 06:07
Blank
Will S
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Finding a commision-paid sales-person/business partner in the UK

I have a new services business which will be marketing a product to professional services firms in the UK. Unfortunately, for reasons which are unavoidable and not material to this question, I have...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 03:26
Blank
Marcin
526 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Non-compete clause for a early employee

Is it common to ask early employee of a startup to sign a contract containing non-compete clauses? I am against our employee, but I have a little concern on our competitor as they have money to...

asked Jul 15 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Yoga
116 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
2.43K Views
Who to get as programmer?

Right now my friend and I are two non-technical people that have an idea we want to make a reality. After some research online, we figure we need to get a prototype to show an angel before they...

asked Apr 30 '12 at 12:45
Blank
V B
24 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
How to value a Project Manager versus actual Technical/Engineering talent?

I have relatively little experience with recruiting, determining compensation and hiring for startups since this is my first go at it. My approach is that there isn't a single right answer on...

asked May 3 '12 at 15:10
Blank
User1195763
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
How much is groupthink an advantage for the early founding years of a startup?

Well, recently I had a chat with my current boss over my previous experience of getting booted out from a startup due to having different views from the 2 founders (they were very gd friends and...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 09:37
Blank
Snowpolar
111 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Can I volunteer as a developer for a startup?

I'm unemployed, not having luck finding a job. I'm not a people person and I always mess up interviews. Also when you freelance for many years its difficult. I'm not really materialistic and I...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 05:10
Blank
Len
376 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.56K Views
What are the types of businesses allowed to petition foriegn employees

I have a person from Belgium with exceptional skills and work ethics who i want and trust to work for me. This person can and is willing to help with my company by investing and doing the...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 22:57
Blank
Darlene Nichols
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.49K Views
Where do IT recruiting companies get leads for open positions?

I'm assuming that some of the job leads come from the big jobs sites (Monster.com, CareerBuilder, Dice, etc). However, do recruiting firms reach out to companies to get on some sort of "vendor...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 01:48
Blank
Rqdq
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.18K Views
How to Filter (possibly) talented candidates for recruitment process in a tech startup

What are the good caps (like in terms of certain grades/marks, projects etc) that a tech startup could apply on the candidates applying for a job. Support there are lots of job seekers and we don't...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 22:41
Blank
Atul Goyal
496 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Local or remote partner, tech or non tech partner

Have any of you got experience with a remote partner, did it work out, and can you share any tips or arguments for or against working with a remote partner? I'm currently thinking about a very...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 05:13
Blank
Raw Solutions
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
How to hire your first employee in the UK

We are on the brink of hiring our first staff member in the UK. We know there is a lot of paperwork to be done, but have no idea what that paperwork is and which things are crucial and which are...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 20:40
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.15K Views
Unsuccessful job posting, what did I do wrong? What should I focus on?

First, it is not my intent to abuse the Q&A forum to hire people, I'm asking about what I've done wrong. I've removed my company name, details, and industry from the posting below. I'm a new...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:35
Blank
Incognito
123 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.8K Views
How should the next generation of employees be?

I recently read a news article (in Norwegian) that "the ability to cooperate" was essentially the only requirement for applicants, which was just as relevant 50 years ago as it is today, while...

asked May 20 '11 at 20:26
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Startup giving away product early or hold out?

So we are a SaaS model new recruitng tool and weve been trying to acquire our first couple of major deals. I read alot of books on starting up and have advised start ups my whole career. At first...

asked May 4 '11 at 07:19
Blank
Rich Goldstein
21 points