Tax Questions

Entrepreneurs can set up their business as a Sole Proprietorship, C-corporation, S-corporation, partnership, non-profit, Limited Liability Company, or Limited Liability Partnership.

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.51K Views
Does US subsidiary makes foreign company liable for US sales taxation?

1 - Company A is an European company that sells digital products and services all over the world, including the US. The company does not pay US income tax because it does not have an US...

asked Oct 2 '12 at 05:26
Blank
Captain Hartman
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Actual tax rate for self employment with LLC

There seem to be a ton of LLC related questions and I've been through most of them but I don't see anything that answers my question directly. Right now I'm on a 1099 and it was suggested that I...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 03:27
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Do home office, internet, computer usage etc count in tax deduction?

I am a sole Proprietorship in California. Where can I find a list of acceptable or not acceptable business expenses I am allowed to deduct from my income. Do I need to reimburse myself in anyway...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 22:13
Blank
Marco
130 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.68K Views
Invoicing while full-time employed

I'd need some help in understanding what I need to do, admittedly I am getting into this for the first time. I am full-time employed in a privately held company in the UK. Recently, I started doing...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 19:28
Blank
Diferdin
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.35K Views
Taxes with respect to content providers

I am developing a modest web site that shows content created by external providers. I use this content to promote my goods and sell them. Instead of paying a fix upfront price for the content (I...

asked Sep 5 '12 at 15:43
Blank
Serialfailer
8 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.47K Views
Tax for US company hiring offshore consultant

What are the Tax implications for US company hiring offshore software consultants? How different is it from hiring a consultant from US in tax filings? Are taxes higher for a US Company to hire an...

asked Sep 13 '12 at 10:14
Blank
All Spark
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.79K Views
Keep a company no longer active

Is it wise to keep a company that will no longer have any activity? and file zeroes on all its tax returns? Dissolving it might incur a higher one time cost. The company in question is a delaware c...

asked Sep 16 '12 at 05:56
Blank
James
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Ballpark figure on one-time tax accountant fees

I've registered an LLC in the US as a foreigner. Registration was no problem, but I find the specific tax laws and regulations difficult, especially because it's hard to find clear information on...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 10:10
Blank
User
192 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.62K Views
What are the tax consequences for Kickstarter earnings?

so kickstarter FAQ mentions the tax considerations (and lack of) for BACKERS, but what about for the person you contributed to For instance, take a project like OUYA all funds went to Boxer8 Inc....

asked Aug 20 '12 at 04:52
Blank
Cqm
137 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Defer Taxes on Profits in an S-Corporation

Are there any ways to defer taxation on S-Corp profits in a year?

asked Aug 21 '12 at 09:46
Blank
N L
18 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Where locate/register ltd company? Where register as a freelancer and pay taxes in Europe?

I want to set up a company providing film consultancy services across Europe and later further afield; I work from my laptop and am trying to decide whether or not the best option is to register...

asked Aug 8 '12 at 03:14
Blank
Helena
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
How to compare contract rates with permanent rates, in UK

I am thinking of contracting, but do not know how to compare contract (inside and outside IR35) with permanent rates, within the United Kingdom (specifically England). So far I have...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 01:43
Blank
Richard
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Maintaining S corp in california

I recently registered a S corp in CA. At this time I do not have any transaction. Income is 0, hoever I have made some expenses with my Biz account for small items like computer, desk etc. From...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 03:15
Blank
User19188
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
15.9K Views
Who handles sales tax on apps (android on google play, ios on appstore, android on amazon app store)?

Ok, I am a one person developer and I have an android app on the google app store I also have it published on the amazon app store. I plan on eventually publishing a version on the apple store as...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 05:11
Blank
S.A.Jay
20 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Starting a Business

I wish to start a business within the UK, which will be an online venture. However, I am unsure of a few things. Firstly, I know I will have to pay income tax, assuming it reaches the threshold of...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 03:58
Blank
Bowersbros
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.1K Views
Should I register my C Corp in Delaware if I live in Virginia and I'm doing business in Virginia?

I called a CPA in Virginia and he told me it's better to create your C corp in Delaware, because their tax system is so flexible that you don't need to pay for state tax. Is that true? And is it Ok...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Hendi Valentino
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Deducting expenses from income for sole proprietorship

A quick tax question for NY/USA. Say an online shop sends me a 5k check in my name and not under a corporation, to order 300 glass cups. And I'm sort of the middle man and I will be using 4k that...

Tax
asked Aug 3 '12 at 03:54
Blank
Gulp Sanjes
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Taxes for Europeans working for USA llc- short term

I have an American based llc production company. I want to hire European artists for a short period (1 month for a show) . whats the best route for their taxes and mine? Would it be more...

asked Jul 16 '12 at 08:02
Blank
Richard
6 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
7.56K Views
How should a small US Corp hire and pay workers in the Philippines?

We are a small US Corp that hired a couple of workers in the Philippines to help us with some of our online work. We are paying them directly, but that means they do not have Social Security or...

asked Jul 17 '12 at 03:32
Blank
Frank
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.32K Views
Out of State (Oregon) LLC

We were in California for 2.5 days at a trade show in 2010. Our company is an LLC in Oregon. We are required by the show promoter to have a Board of Equailization number, and we pay sales tax to...

asked Jun 25 '12 at 15:16
Blank
Mary Ann
1 point