Tax Questions

Entrepreneurs can set up their business as a Sole Proprietorship, C-corporation, S-corporation, partnership, non-profit, Limited Liability Company, or Limited Liability Partnership.

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
My wife and I are looking to start 3 seperate businesses, all with different products and services

Should I form a parent company to keep it simple with administrative and taxes? One business is an online retailer, another is a niche sports studio, and another is a media agency. My train of...

asked Jul 1 '13 at 02:40
Blank
Ohio Johnny
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Questions about filing federal and state forms oneself

My apologies if this has been asked before (I looked) and please point me to the relevant question. I put my S-Corp on hold for a while (3 months) starting in March. From January to March I was...

asked Jul 2 '13 at 04:37
Blank
Dave
160 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.2K Views
Stock Option Calculation

I received offer from company that just raised Series A round. I'm trying to determine a method of finding out how much my stock options are worth. They gave me multiple offers with varying...

asked Jul 2 '13 at 16:34
Blank
Harmon
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
4.03K Views
Do you pay sales tax on open invoices?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not find it anywhere. My company is based in Austin, TX, US, and is an LLC. Do I have to pay sales tax on open invoices? I.e., Invoices for...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 12:39
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.33K Views
Question About C-Corp, Shareholder, and Officer

Person A wants to start a C-Corp in California operating a news website. He is wondering if the following form is legal? A is the only Shareholder and the only Director owning 100% equity. A will...

asked May 21 '13 at 11:29
Blank
User26315
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.3K Views
Can I leave my LLC "VOID" in Delaware?

I wasn't aware that I had to pay Franchise Tax in Delaware, whats the worst thing that will happen if I leave the LLC "VOID". Can I still have a good standing LLC in NY?

asked May 29 '13 at 04:25
Blank
Nsh Please
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.74K Views
which taxes my USA subsidiary will be subjected to, if any

i need a professional advice on the following situation: we are a Poland company, we want to open a subsidiary in the USA. The purpose is to buy goods from American company, and then export these...

asked Apr 30 '13 at 06:42
Blank
User26050
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How do payroll taxes work?

This may sound like a very naive question for a site on Startups, but...how do payroll taxes work? From what I can tell from doing database work at a company they seem to consist of percentages of...

asked Apr 9 '13 at 05:54
Blank
Leeand00
108 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
LLC C-corp in US, how to report my own investment

I'm a single member LLC with C-corp taxes in the US, and I just started my entity in January. I'm trying to figure out how/if I report my own capital injections for expenses as regards my taxes. I...

asked Apr 12 '13 at 16:29
Blank
User25852
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
If all the employees are non-salaried founders, do we need to send out W2's?

We founded a C-Corp in fall 2012. None of us are taking a salary and there are no salaried employees. Do we need to send out W2's?

asked Apr 13 '13 at 23:30
Blank
Evan Hammer
16 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
4.56K Views
Is a 50/50 equity split without 50/50 control a doable and wise thing?

I've found a great partner for my second tech startup, and want to structure this one better than the first, which made money but eventually got ugly due to poor choices my younger self made along...

asked Mar 29 '13 at 02:45
Blank
Smarterthistime
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.18K Views
1099 requirements for customers in middleman-type business

Note: I WILL be seeking information from a lawyer or accountant if I proceed but I want preliminary info here first. I am considering a business that, for sake of example, is much like Guru.com or...

asked Apr 1 '13 at 08:05
Blank
User478798
3 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.65K Views
How can I keep aware of tax changes?

Just found out that the city we're in raised the sales tax again, the second time this year. Since we didn't know about the change, we've been charging our customers the lower rate for some time...

Tax
asked Apr 2 '13 at 10:18
Blank
Joe
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
How do I dissolve a C Corp?

I haven't used my C Corp, paid any taxes, or done the minutes. I haven't made a dollar or used the corp in any form. It was just a mistake opening the C Corp. I'm scared I have to pay the taxes...

asked Mar 16 '13 at 13:33
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
14.4K Views
TIN to use on W9 when Single Member LLC/Disregarded entity

I own a state-classified LLC company and also have an EIN for the business, which was filed on an SS-4 form (Rev. December 2001) as a Type "Other" and noted "disregarded entity". On the SS-4 form...

asked Feb 27 '13 at 12:30
Blank
User1322092
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Paying Delaware franchise even if filed after the end of accounting year

Ok so this is somewhat urgent since the Delaware franchise tax is due in a day, but right as I was about to pay I had a question: Do I need to pay any franchise taxes this year even though I...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 18:05
Blank
Neon Blue Hair
66 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Which country to incorporate web startup in?

If we have a web startup originally targetting users from country A, but the majority of users end up to be from America, is it sufficient to have the company incorporated in country...

asked Mar 3 '13 at 19:30
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
I am non resident alien and want to get I - T - I - N

I am non resident alien and want to get I - T - I - N . I am launching e commerce website and want to register this website as L - L - C business in USA . As per my little research , I got point...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 00:48
Blank
Simpanoz
109 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
LLC Pass Through Income Taxation

I'm working for a client who is doing business as a LLC in CA. He represents merchants by advertising them on certain websites. His commission is taken out from the sales received from the...

asked Feb 13 '13 at 03:50
Blank
Cong Xiao
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
LLC Sub-contracting money and tax question

Essentially, I started an LLC about 6 months ago. I have worked pretty closely with another developer, but so far have yet to pay him. We are developing a product right now and I have agreed to...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 02:13
Blank
Livingtech
106 points