Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

4 Votes
10 Answers
3.23K Views
I have developed a website, but I have no idea how to promote/market it

This is my website, Tenxian.com. We have very few users right now. How can I market/promote it? Any good ideas?

asked Feb 9 '10 at 01:51
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
crowd financing - any opinions/comments?

What would your SWOT analysis say for following kind of website? phase 1: Get people/organizations who are looking for financing their projects. phase 2: Get people who can provide finance to...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 17:50
Blank
Sandeep Satavlekar
325 points

11 Votes
8 Answers
6.14K Views
Captcha vs. Email confirmation vs. None

So we are a site that provides a free trial for our web-based service. We don't have any affiliate marketing that would pay based on leads or sign ups for the free trial. Right now we just...

asked Feb 12 '10 at 07:26
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
7.99K Views
Resources to create a simple portal website

I wish to create a simple portal website. By simple I mean: page 1: list of hyperlinks (with nice buttons) page 2: some text to explain what the portal is about that's it. I have some basic...

asked Feb 12 '10 at 21:03
Blank
Damian
86 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.87K Views
Is there any good software that can assist me in writing a business plan?

My website is about "Crowdsourcing", a platform to make money or outsource your tasks, projects, problems,etc. www.tenxian.com. Is there any good software that can assist me in writing a business...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 11:27
Blank
Steven
1 point

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
Any ideas for making money with QA sites?

I was reading this interesting Kokorin's article, and I started thinking, well, how could a QA site make money, if you are not using advertisement? Would your gather users information like...

asked Feb 17 '10 at 08:23
Blank
Junior Mayhé
138 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.33K Views
How to outsource (website) translation effectively?

my website should be multi language, but every native speaker can see in the first sentences that the translation (by us) is not good enough. So I have two possibilities: Let a native speaker...

asked Feb 18 '10 at 23:52
Blank
Steffen Binas
116 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Which web design Agency to help design a product website / launch?

We got a product and during the launch we need a good, well designed website with product features etc. Now we wrote all the features and prepared some scenarios for product showcase, videos,...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:44
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
4.49K Views
Anyone have experience with usertesting.com? Remote user testing services?

We are looking to do some usability testing on our site. Any experiences with either usertesting.com specifically or other similar services? You pay them to have users test your site, record their...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 07:20
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.87K Views
List costs to build Consumer Internet site?

Hey all, I'm sitting here trying to list all the costs that will go into building my first website, assuming I have all of the coding done in house. Here's what I have so far: Cost of hosting and...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 03:01
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.55K Views
What can I do with my website start-up? I need insightful suggestions?

I have created a novel website. Now it comes to the promotion/marketing stage. However,I don't dare spend money promoting/marketing my website because I am not sure whether it can succeed or fail....

asked Feb 2 '10 at 23:06
Blank
Steven
1 point

6 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
What is a good crash course in marketing for small businesses or startups?

The glib answer is "start a business." Seriously, all entrepreneurs need to know some marketing, whether they call it that or not. Market research, communications, advertising, and so on. Do you...

asked Jan 9 '10 at 02:31
Blank
Dan
303 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
4.01K Views
What is the best online payment processor, moneybookers, Google Checkout or paypal?

I have developed a website and I want to integrate an online payment system with my website. What is the best online payment tool, moneybookers, Google Checkout or paypal?

asked Jan 12 '10 at 22:53
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.45K Views
What if a big company copies my idea after my website goes public?

I have developed a website. If I go to meet an angel investor, he may ask, "Do you think your website is innovative?" I can answer "Yes." Then he may ask,"Suppose your website is innovative, what...

asked Jan 12 '10 at 23:14
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
How to assess the potential value of a website before its formal release

I have developed a website and now it is under internal testing. What does my website do? On the one hand, if you want someone to do something for you, you can use my website, and you need to pay...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 12:16
Blank
Steven
1 point

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.78K Views
I am the founder of a website. If I go to meet an angel investor,what questions will he probably ask me?

I have developed a website. It is under internal testing. My website is a platform. You can ask for people to do something for you and you pay them; on the other hand, you can do something for...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 12:22
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
I am the founder of a website.What is my business's core compentency?

I have created a novel and very useful website. Now it is undergoing internal testing. It is a time trading platform. You spend your time doing something(can be anything) for others and get paid....

asked Jan 13 '10 at 12:42
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
7 Answers
2.84K Views
"What does your website do?" My answer is

Suppose you are an angel investor and I want you to invest my website, you may ask, "Tell me, what does your website do?" I answer, "My website is a platform. You can seek for people to do...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 13:06
Blank
Steven
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
What are the best resources for registering users?

We are a gift baskets company and part of our business is through our web catalog, which is custom-built in WordPress. I've heard some people saying WordPress is not secure and we should not keep...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 17:33
Blank
Kulpreet Singh
56 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.7K Views
SEO Supercharger - Fact or Fiction?

I've been getting a pitch from a company called Blackwood Productions about some SEO services that are supposed to greatly increase my organic traffic. Without going into all of the specifics, does...

asked Jan 14 '10 at 11:36
Blank
Chris
4,214 points