Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
A lot of good content but low traffic. Why?

I get around 100K page views per month. I have over 700 articles, videos, etc, but I am not sure why I only get 100K views. Any ideas?

asked Apr 15 '10 at 00:53
Blank
Azamsharp
101 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
3.66K Views
Is Google Sites a threat for websites' developers?

What do you think? I tried Goggle Sites today, 1) do you know how long it has been out for? 2) do you think is major threat for thousands of businesses that devlop websites (and they don't even...

asked Apr 18 '10 at 23:52
Blank
Marco Demaio
175 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
What is the process required/recommended to convert a website into an LLC?

Given that I have a website that is making revenue, live in California, and would like it to be claimed under an LLC, what is the process to accomplish this? Should I be forming a sole...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 06:24
Blank
Matthew
118 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.48K Views
Should I launch 2 web startups at once?

I can't decide which one of two possible web services to launch so I am beginning to think that I should hedge my bets and launch both. Without getting into detail about each lets assume they...

asked Apr 21 '10 at 04:19
Blank
Bob Ross
119 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
I need ideas, your thoughts would be great!

So I have this domain called bargainstomper.com and I have been thinking all weekend about how to monetise the site. I came up with various ideas, like tech reviews leading to amazon affil links,...

asked Mar 7 '10 at 22:53
Blank
Marc
13 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
11.7K Views
How much can you trust website worth value calculators?

While bulding my Business Plan for my future Website, I am trying to collect some relationships between traffic and online advertising monetization. I know that we cannot really trust numbers...

asked Mar 8 '10 at 10:05
Blank
Fabien7474
210 points

8 Votes
10 Answers
5.39K Views
Would a 1-man operation be better with downloadable or Saas model software?

If you are a 1-man show (to begin with, and want to stay small), would you be better suited to selling downloadable software or would a hosted version be more idea? With hosted, you don't have to...

asked Mar 11 '10 at 10:19
Blank
Un Startup
162 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.03K Views
Do 3rd party seals like Truste or Verified increase signup/sales?

Can anyone point me to a blog post with hard metrics? I'm referring to seals like this: https://store.truste.com/privacy_services_aff/

asked Mar 12 '10 at 13:18
Blank
Eric
352 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.24K Views
Any tips on designing and creating an introductory video for your startup?

As I approach launch, I am considering building an introductory video for my website in order to explain my software and the concept behind it. In my minds eye, I see this video as a mixture of...

asked Mar 23 '10 at 21:17
Blank
Benjamin Wootton
1,667 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.97K Views
How much is my website worth?

I want to know, from a purely programmers/developers point of view, if you had to pay build this website, how much would you ask to do it? The site is http://www.marketdock.com Some features: *...

asked Mar 27 '10 at 01:23
Blank
User2940
121 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
Does using DISQUS make people comment more?

I am feeling the effect of seeing DISQUS on certain blogs in that it makes me more likely to comment. Is this true for others here? Does any blog/site owner have data on increased comment counts...

asked Feb 22 '10 at 01:27
Blank
Eric
352 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Topic suggestions for software developer's conference?

I help book topic sessions for the annual Software Industry Conference which will be held this year in Dallas, TX. The conference targets both beginner and experienced Micro ISVs, and internet...

asked Feb 22 '10 at 12:46
Blank
Gary E
12,510 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.32K Views
Marketing resources on homepage design for small businesses

Title says it all. Do you guys have some resources (slideshare, blogposts) on the marketing (+copywriting) part of homepage design to share? "standalone" advice in this thread is appreciated too :)

asked Feb 23 '10 at 20:15
Blank
Tom Deleu
131 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
Recommendations for a rating/review website

I'm building a web platform to allow users rate/review a niche group of organizations and consultants. I would love to blog about the development process and design decisions. Should I keep my...

asked Feb 24 '10 at 08:26
Blank
Boolean
388 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Best way to get a developer working for you?

I would like to know what is the best way to hire someone to help you building a web-site. I heard about guru.com and elance but I am not convinced that I can get someone from there who can help me...

asked Feb 25 '10 at 06:54
Blank
Gyurisc
143 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.39K Views
What software or development tools do you use to create and maintain your website?

I'm looking for more great software tools (than the ones listed below that I already use) to not only create and run a website, but to verify and maintain it. All our websites run on Unix servers...

asked Feb 26 '10 at 15:42
Blank
Gary E
12,510 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
6.41K Views
How do I get reviews for my newly launched review website?

I recently 'soft' launched a site focused on providing a platform for people to read and write reviews about hotel gyms and fitness centers. I want to slowly start marketing the website but really...

asked Mar 4 '10 at 17:46
Blank
Mmorel
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
"Segmenting" visitors to my sales website

I have made a simple sales web page to generate leads for my new business. One problem I think I have is that the current web page tries to be "all things to all visitors", when in actuality I...

asked Feb 5 '10 at 08:02
Blank
Jorgem
749 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Run Of Network Adverstising

A makerting company has approached me to ask to do "RON" marketing on our site. I assume this involves us hosting some adverts. Is this correct? How does this work? What are typical pricing models?

asked Feb 5 '10 at 19:43
Blank
User2370
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.43K Views
What do you think of Crowdsourcing? What is its market size?

Just outsource tasks, projects or services,etc, to other companies or individuals through internet.

asked Feb 8 '10 at 16:23
Blank
Steven
1 point