Money Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
How to compare contract rates with permanent rates, in UK

I am thinking of contracting, but do not know how to compare contract (inside and outside IR35) with permanent rates, within the United Kingdom (specifically England). So far I have...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 01:43
Blank
Richard
101 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
Getting Funds for a Startup

Im starting my Startup with $0, a Mac, and A Windows. I need Startup Money but I don't want to get it from Venture Capital. What kinds of Methods are there? Thanks

asked Aug 14 '12 at 09:44
Blank
Coder404
136 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
How to handle the money with a new start up

I know this might be a bit narrow for a question, but I can also see other start ups working on this scenario it self. We have X amount of money currently sitting in the bank. We just received it...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 06:47
Blank
Spoiled Techie.Com
102 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.66K Views
What Does An Investor Do with Their Money Once an Agreement is Made

Its an easy question, but I am new to this along with my investor. When an agreement has been made to invest in a company, what should happen next with the money? I would love to know best...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 13:41
Blank
Spoiled Techie.Com
102 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
2.79K Views
How do I prove my finances to a partner? My partner is afraid I will not give him his full cut

I own and operate a company selling products online. A partner is stepping in and wants to sell our product line across it's websites. However, my company will accept the payments from the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Alexandre H. Tremblay
186 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
3.48K Views
How much money could I make with the following website traffic stats (Adsense, ads)?

I am going to start up a website in the near future and I am aiming to receive at least 10,000 unique page views daily (hopefully up to 100,000 daily). From what I have researched, a CTR of 10% is...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 09:55
Blank
Jeff
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Profit and loss sharing among three co-founders

I'm participating in some business funding and recently we've faced a severe problem. The question is quite simple: how do we share profit, so that no one would be left behind? So, there's three...

asked Mar 22 '12 at 19:12
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
What are the startup costs involved with starting and operating an e-Learning service?

I was just wondering what start-up costs would be for an e-learning service. I plan to start one geared at providing supplementary content for school children in the vein of Khan Academy and such....

asked Feb 13 '12 at 06:41
Blank
Methuselah
105 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
What do you do about known payment fraud?

As someone that's sold services and webapp subscriptions online for about 8 years now, I've seen a lot of payment fraud, mostly in the form of signing up with stolen credit card numbers. I've...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 01:25
Blank
Dan Grossman
303 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
6.41K Views
Who pays the bank's transfer fee when receiving payment

If I sell a product for, say, £1000, and a buyer in another country pays me via a bank transfer, should I expect them to pay the bank charges? Is it something that should be explicit on the invoice...

asked Jan 21 '12 at 23:42
Blank
Swisstony
108 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
4.22K Views
Why is customized software so expensive?

Actually, I know the answer but I don't know how to market my answer. Quick background We're an independent team of 3 developers who write software for a company with 2B in revenue. We've been...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 10:51
Blank
Adhg
250 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
85.5K Views
How To Transfer Money Between Personal & LLC Bank Accounts

I'm starting a very small business out of my home in Texas. I've formed the LLC and opened a bank account for it. How should I handle putting my own money into the business account so I can avoid...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Grilldos
31 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Fresh startup and hard thing what to do next, no ideas

I have fresh software product startup (4 months after end of beta). I have a problem with making more money from that, i have from 4 last months almost constant income from that and this not...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 10:05
Blank
Svisstack
188 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
What to choose: freeware, shareware or software?

This question seems appropriate for programmers as well as for startups A few years ago I've developed a program that has a steady group of users. It became quite popular and now we have close to...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 19:23
Blank
Zyphrax
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.89K Views
Is Survival of a Startup possible on Freelancing through websites?

We are a team of four (and great friends) and have a good product in mind and initial RnD shows great potential (Server based application). But the problem is that we need to spend around 1 and a...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 00:40
Blank
Basit Anwer
103 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.95K Views
SaaS ERP paying options

What do you think of the following business model for SaaS ERP: GIVE FREE ACCESS FOR 2 users (or so) per organization and charge for additional users.Thanks Martin

asked Oct 11 '11 at 18:45
Blank
Martin
1 point

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.03K Views
How do businesses like Instagram and TwitPic make money?

Both of those examples don't charge anything, and don't have ads on their wedsite/app. Both of them have (to the best of my knowledge) gotten hugh amounts of money in funding rounds. How exactly...

asked Aug 15 '11 at 14:13
Blank
In Between
121 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
10.5K Views
What is the business model for a URL shortener service?

How do URL shortener services make money? Like https://bitly.com/, http://qurl.com/, http://urltea.me/, http://blue.gg/ There's no ads whatsoever on those sites. I'm really curious, so they are...

asked Jul 24 '11 at 02:38
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
Facebook cash flow guidance

What is the number of monthly active users that a facebook app must have in order to make $1000/month. I know there is no clear answer, but some guidelines would be great

asked Jul 19 '11 at 20:39
Blank
Ryan
147 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Resources for raising funds in NY

I need to start fund raising so I can hire developers to finish completion of my product and start selling it and actually making some money. At the moment I have a presentation and a partly...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 16:17
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points