Recommendations Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.01K Views
What are your habitual mistakes you commonly make and how do you avoid them?

So I do the reading, got a feel for what I should and shouldn't do and even have a business education and then find myself circling back with habitual errors. Hey I'm ok making a unique mistake but...

asked Jun 8 '10 at 05:13
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.08K Views
Reliable Windows host, with PHP?

I have a client that has a .NET saas. We're looking for a reliable Windows/.NET host with Sql Server 2008 host that has good support. The gotcha is it also needs to support php and mysql for a...

asked May 5 '10 at 22:09
Blank
Corey Maass
201 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.52K Views
CRM/support software recommendations?

Up until very recently we were doing all support through our support e-mail address. However, as the business grows, it is getting harder and harder to follow through support requests and dispatch...

asked Mar 30 '10 at 05:07
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
4.15K Views
Create website promotion video

How can I create a promotional video explaining "How to use my website" a) It should show the screen movements of my cursor explaining different features of my website. b) There should be a...

asked Apr 9 '10 at 07:14
Blank
User2351
56 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
Does using DISQUS make people comment more?

I am feeling the effect of seeing DISQUS on certain blogs in that it makes me more likely to comment. Is this true for others here? Does any blog/site owner have data on increased comment counts...

asked Feb 22 '10 at 01:27
Blank
Eric
352 points

13 Votes
18 Answers
4.34K Views
No 1 "must read" for startup founder. Could you point just one?

If you could recommend just ONE, most important book, blog post or any other reading for startup founder - what would it be?

asked Feb 4 '10 at 05:54
Blank
Pawel A
191 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
4.13K Views
How much should I expect to pay for a PR service and can you recommend one?

I'd like to publish a Press Release for my language Q&A site. How much should I expect to pay for a PR service and can you recommend one ? Should I only pay for distribution and get the...

asked Feb 18 '10 at 01:23
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.84K Views
Which web design Agency to help design a product website / launch?

We got a product and during the launch we need a good, well designed website with product features etc. Now we wrote all the features and prepared some scenarios for product showcase, videos,...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 03:44
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
3.35K Views
Inexpensive or Free Tools to Organize Your Contacts

I am getting lots of contacts (Law/Accounting/etc). And trying to find a good tool to keep all the phones/emails/notes together. Ideally, not just text, but something smarter. So it can show me...

asked Jan 22 '10 at 23:08
Blank
Murkin
184 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.87K Views
List costs to build Consumer Internet site?

Hey all, I'm sitting here trying to list all the costs that will go into building my first website, assuming I have all of the coding done in house. Here's what I have so far: Cost of hosting and...

asked Jan 26 '10 at 03:01
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Opinion: Finders fee or not?

Through a business networking group "business friend of a business friend", you are introduced to a prospect who is interested in your services. The person who introduced you has never met you, but...

asked Jan 29 '10 at 14:13
Blank
User2396
6 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
4.78K Views
What's a good book for learning business law?

Most books on business rarely talk about the legal side of business. After reading some business books I have realised that there's so many things about legal side of business that we have to...

asked Jan 30 '10 at 20:32
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
2.85K Views
Can you recommend an alternative to google Adsense for on-topic ads?

I am running a website and wish to get some revenues from ads. I tried google Adsense but I do not like the fact that the ads are completely off-topic compared to my site. I checked google adsense...

asked Jan 31 '10 at 06:32
Blank
Tucson
714 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.63K Views
The Return Policy for Handmade Craft

I am interested to open an online shop for selling handmade craft ( something like those displayed on etsy ), but I afraid that there is a tendency for buyers to return and refund goods at will...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 19:27
Blank
Graviton
871 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.57K Views
wordpress or blogger

I am planning to start a blog that publishes information about our company and developments in the area of education and technology. Any pointers on which is better and more feature rich, Wordpress...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 22:46
Blank
Kabir
96 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.84K Views
Where to find wikimedia designer?

Our site has a growing wiki that is based on wikimedia. I'm looking for people with experience designing the interface, custom skin, etc How do I go to find one?

asked Dec 16 '09 at 17:15
Blank
Baraider
36 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
Where to find talented graphics designers? How much should I expect to pay?

I am looking to create a clothing line, and know exactly the style I want, how the graphics should look, etc...the problem is while I have plenty of vision, I do not have the ability to translate...

asked Dec 3 '09 at 03:59
Blank
Ryan
40 points

14 Votes
6 Answers
11.4K Views
Are there any viable alternatives to Paypal for a small site?

I don't want to have the hassle of dealing with credit card or direct payments directly on my website, the volume and amount of transactions don't justify the effort. I've set up Paypal on the...

asked Nov 12 '09 at 00:10
Blank
Rich Seller
181 points

10 Votes
5 Answers
3.05K Views
What Press Release Distribution Service Should I Use?

The number of press release services out there is mind boggling. I am an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) with a niche software program, and I'd like to send out a Press Release to the software...

asked Nov 13 '09 at 16:15
Blank
Lkessler
1,471 points

11 Votes
12 Answers
8.66K Views
CRM / lead management software?

Can anyone recommend CRM / lead management software? We have a bunch of customer leads, and managing them using a Google doc is getting unwieldy. We are looking for an inexpensive solution,...

asked Nov 14 '09 at 10:17
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points