Recommendations Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
What is the most effective way to market a Local Small Business?

We have successfully launched a small business providing services locally in a couple cities. Uptake of new clients has been slow and we want to spend some of our (limited!) cash to market the...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 04:19
Blank
Mcohen75
157 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Is it legal using virtual currency in a swapping stuff website?

The site www.listia.com uses credits as a way to buy goods through auctions. These credits are not real money with the exception that you can buy more credits with real money if you desperately...

asked Jan 27 '11 at 18:46
Blank
Shir
51 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
How to startup an expensive idea?

Ok, so I've got (yet another) idea for a startup, which I think is pretty good. The innovative and most expensive part of it might just not be possible but the project could fallback to a good...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 02:13
Blank
Cawas
120 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
freelancers.com ,elance etc ask for portfolio web related

My basic idea here is for starting a software company Well the people giving projects at freelancers and such sites basically ask for a portfolio, i have been in this field professionally for...

asked Jan 29 '11 at 15:29
Blank
Mazhar Kaunain Baig
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Pros and cons of FatFreeCRM?

What are the pros and cons of using FatFreeCRM? It appears to be a lightweight, open-source CRM package. What important features in other CRM packages is it lacking? How difficult is it to...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 05:27
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.09K Views
Suggestions on sites for critiquing websites

I am looking for sites which enable users to give feedback or critiques on any sites for free. Or for site owners to solicit feedback on their sites for site design and usability? Should not be fee...

asked Nov 29 '10 at 07:27
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

1 Votes
7 Answers
3.06K Views
How to come up with a great idea?

Most essential part of any start up is a good idea. So what should you do (not specifically, of course), to come up with an idea (including day-to-day behavior, studying etc.)? Thanks for any...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 07:34
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.12K Views
Where should one register a company?

I'm not a US citizen but planning to start an international business. So I'm wondering if there's a benefit/profit/perspective of registering a company in a different country than mine, like US,...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 18:55
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.47K Views
What matters in leading a company?

I'm wondering, what are the main skills, knowledge, etc. for a founder/ceo/leader of the startup (this may actually refer to an already "made" company)? Does age matter or is it the thoughtfulness...

asked Nov 10 '10 at 19:18
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.96K Views
One stop shop for start-up tools and resources?

I'm looking for a website that has all the tools and resources one might need to start a company. Anything from business plan templates to legal docs to reviews on potential vendors (e.g. who...

asked Nov 11 '10 at 17:48
Blank
User5336
13 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.23K Views
How to get name recognition for your startup?

I was wondering what is a good way to get your company/yourself a known name? Meaning that there obviously several methods to achieve popularity and to provide people a good quality so that they...

asked Nov 17 '10 at 01:09
Blank
Denys S.
166 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Pricing model for sellers in an online store

I just finished setting up an online store that involves selling digital content, tangible items like clothes, events tickets etc. However, I have a little challenge on how to charge sellers to add...

asked Oct 10 '10 at 20:54
Blank
Stanley
59 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
Website security

Last Saturday my site received an unusually high volume of brute force attacks. Yep, those darn teens from Western Europe or smart scripts from academic towns in Siberia, trying tirelessly to break...

asked Oct 13 '10 at 00:32
Blank
Usabilitest
1,698 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Qualities Your Web design & Internet Marketing Company Must Have

Everyone want to have a website now but few of them prefer to outsource to companies in India, China etc but few want to get work done in their country, someone nearby. Do you prefer to outsource...

asked Oct 17 '10 at 04:04
Blank
Kashish
95 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.8K Views
Rules of good email communication

What are the rules of good style in business email communication, regarding timeline of message exchanging? I mean, how fast the incoming message should be answered? What are the most possible...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 03:15
Blank
Rem
352 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Have you had any good experiences with training software?

There is a sea of training software out there. Many don't have open demos. I'm trying to avoid sales pitches from dozens of companies to demo their software. I'm looking for a good lead or two from...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 04:53
Blank
Todd
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
In the beginning.. What tools and techniques did you use to identify the market you are targeting, estimated size and who is in it?

I’ve used the following tools to get an estimate but still feel like I’m just polishing instead of verifying. So would love to hear how others have done it. Google’s key word tool for traffic...

asked Jun 16 '10 at 01:45
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
2.71K Views
For mISVs that have a day job. How do you balance the effort with work, family and other obligations?

In the beginning there are so many things to do and so many paths that can take you off focus then add in that because you are a bootstrap and not willing to do a leap of faith your having trouble...

asked Jun 16 '10 at 08:13
Blank
John Bogrand
2,210 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Reports needed for ecommerce and advertising

I'm planning to have a develop build a CMS (in Ruby on Rails) with blogging, advertising and ecommerce integration. Many types of reports/charts would seem necessary in such a system: Unique...

asked Jul 4 '10 at 02:36
Blank
User3741
6 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.54K Views
Do you use a service for ensuring email deliverability (like Sendgrid, Postmark, etc.)? Why or why not? If so, what service?

Using an external service for delivering your emails can take a lot of load off your shoulders if deliverability is a must. Services like Sendgrid and Postmark have pre-configured, whitelisted...

asked May 16 '10 at 05:47
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points