Recommendations Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
What should be the typical starting amount for an Adwords campaign?

We are looking to start an Adwords campaign for our startup. We are keen to know what levels of spend people started at and what responses they found to be typical. for reference this is a service...

asked Nov 13 '11 at 11:57
Blank
Jon Slinn
16 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
1.58K Views
Is there a video conference app that will allow you to share screens?

Is there a video conference app(preferably an iPad app) that would allow two people to view the same screen. For example, revising a slide or browsing while chatting and collaborating. Ivisit do...

asked Oct 22 '11 at 00:36
Blank
Logi Kal
37 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
How do you make people start searching with your keyword phrase?

I have found a good keyword phrase to target, however, there is no global or local search for it. How do I make a user start typing my keyword phrase, which is almost at zero according to the...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 20:47
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
15.6K Views
What is better, apply early to accelerator programs, as a single founder, or wait until I have a team?

I am in a conundrum. Accelerator programs such as YCombinator and TechStars advise entrepreneurs to apply as early as possible for additional consideration. However they stress out that they are...

asked Oct 14 '11 at 04:03
Blank
Rjgonzo
157 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How do you get data on prices and deal offers from local merchants?

What the best way and economical to get updates about the prices and offers from local dealers? I want to cover 58 areas local dealers/retailers from my city.

asked Sep 15 '11 at 02:11
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
Where to find designers / programmers for equity

Investors want to see the finished project (+ maybe private beta results). I came a long way, but I have the feeling that I cant run the last couple of miles without being surpassed by...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Equity
6 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
Comunications Skills

I have technical background and founder of software startup. Now, I started learning the importance of Communications Skills in demos and meeting with prospective clients. Any books or courses...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 06:32
Blank
User8226
197 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
Unsuccessful job posting, what did I do wrong? What should I focus on?

First, it is not my intent to abuse the Q&A forum to hire people, I'm asking about what I've done wrong. I've removed my company name, details, and industry from the posting below. I'm a new...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:35
Blank
Incognito
123 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.57K Views
How to build a productive websites sites like elance, vworker and other?

If I want to get a website build like elance where companies and users post their jobs looking for online bidders.How easy/tough it is going to be considering that its not any new idea.OR is it a...

asked Jun 25 '11 at 18:45
Blank
Munish
101 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
How to get permission/integrate with ERP legally?

I created my own product(P) which is pretty much standalone but would benefit a LOT if it integrates with existing ERP package(ERP). Integration can be done 2 ways: read only where I pull data...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 12:33
Blank
Katit
276 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Business plan with failure scenarios

I am helping a friend with some short to medium term scenarios/ projections for a business plan. I worked out some failure scenarios as in if the business folds in 6 months we will be able to...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 20:04
Blank
Gerhard
150 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
Anyone recommend a startup-friendly PR firm?

I'm looking for a a recommendation for a startup-friendly PR firm. Anyone have a firm they'd recommend? I see this question but there aren't any recent answers to the question. Anyone have any new...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Joseph Fung
1,542 points

12 Votes
2 Answers
2.77K Views
Sales pipelines. Should you only have 1 in a B2B software development company?

So you understand our scope : We are a custom software development company who have 2 primary markets Mid sized companies who have ongoing internal needs for...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 15:46
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Determining Feasability of Information Product

Having just been recently laid off, I would like to give some attention to an idea that's been incubating in my mind for a while for an information-based product. This is similar to the model of...

asked Apr 22 '11 at 13:40
Blank
Ashes999
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
What do you do when you have an idea _and_ money but no expertise or experience creating a technical product?

I know that seems like a "how do I cope with my spoil of riches?" type question and I apologize in advance for being the type of amateur class that for all I know has a popular tumblr blog...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 14:41
Blank
Ray Kinsella Not Really
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
How do you fighting back against internet "Protection Scams"?

First this happened to a client -- and now it has happened in a slightly different configuration to me. We have become victims of a classic protection scam. You know -- the hire us to keep bad...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 04:09
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Our site sells an expensive product most people only buy once. How do we encourage word of mouth promotion?

Our start-up will sell engagement rings online. We recently discovered that a major source of traffic for the market leader is word of mouth recommendations. We know that great customer service,...

asked Mar 20 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.44K Views
Entrepreneurs Ego clash with power game

We are a 7-month old startup, founded by three entrepreneurs with different backgrounds. We do not have any clients yet, but the product is ready and we are already in talks with four clients. One...

asked Mar 7 '11 at 03:13
Blank
Karan
54 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.32K Views
Will people still use my app if I have an alternative spelling for my domain name?

abcTech.com is already taken and I'm thinking about registering abcTek.com. Sites like de.lic.io.us (I don't even know where to put the dots) still succeeded despite their horrible names (or maybe...

asked Mar 10 '11 at 00:44
Blank
Foxatlarge
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
How do you organize your ideas and actions when starting something up?

I'm curious about how you guys organize your ideas for starting up a new business. I have a bunch of ideas that I never tried to implement, basically because I just don't know from where I could...

asked Feb 24 '11 at 14:07
Blank
Tiago Cardoso
202 points