Founders Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
Processing for firing a co-founder?

I'm going through a tough position in my startup where we have to let go of one of our co-founders. It's due to several reasons and the other two co-founders (myself included) have decided that...

asked Apr 30 '14 at 17:41
Blank
Elizabeth Hinton
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
How hard is to be a solo founder building a startup vs having 1-2 co-founders?

What are the top reasons to have co-founders that puts solo founders at a serious disadvantage?Should someone who already has an idea and close to finishing a basic prototype spend time looking for...

asked Apr 7 '14 at 15:40
Blank
Wayne Waring
14 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.68K Views
How important is it for a SaaS startup founder to know how to code?

I started out with a business background and have some experience in UX design. But the technical side is not my greatest strength.Should I spend time in learning how to code? How important is it...

asked Apr 2 '14 at 14:58
Blank
Jeffrey Pettit
19 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.18K Views
Non technical founders: how do you select your technology stack?

I'm a non-technical founder who is going to be using contractors on ODesk to build the MVP. How do I decide on which technologies to pick?- PHP andMySQL- Rails and PostGres- Node.jsEtc.How you...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 16:45
Blank
John Stinnett
4 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
Phrases to avoid when pitching to investors?

What are some phrases startup founders love using that you shouldn't while pitching to investors?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 03:27
Blank
Earl Shellman
55 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.85K Views
Getting rid of unproductive co-founder?

Lets say you're working on a startup with someone for a couple of months and they start to lose interest and aren't pulling their weight. And it has come to a point where just talking it out isn't...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 19:03
Blank
Anne Vickers
15 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Public speaking challenges and how to overcome it?

I am a software developer turned startup founder who is good at executing things. One thing I dread though is speaking in front of an audience, no matter how big or small.This is holding me back...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 12:39
Blank
Ramon Atwood
30 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Would VCs consider a site sold on auction to be a proven founder?

I have sold a website of mine on Flippa for high five figures. Would that work in my favor when trying to raise money for a startup idea? Or is that too small to even matter and not worth mentioning?

asked Mar 5 '14 at 06:06
Blank
Carla Blair
30 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Any networks for female founders in Silicon Valley? We're a minority.

Are there any events or networking opportunities specifically for female founders in the bay area?

asked Feb 26 '14 at 18:47
Blank
Nichole Willhite
7 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
What liquidity options does a founder have early on?

Is there any hope for a founder to sell shares between series seed and series A? After two years of getting a business off the ground with co-founders, I could use cash for family reasons. I have...

asked Feb 21 '14 at 06:28
Blank
User30169
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
Is there such a thing as an initial equity picture evaluation service?

I am wondering if there is such a thing as a neutral, 3rd party service that provides an outside assessment to help a founding team that is ready to incorporate come to a decision on equity...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 21:32
Blank
Dan Newman
21 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Best piece of advice to be an effective leader?

What's the single one best advice you have received or can give to a new founder to lead their troops? Both my co-founder and I are introverts (engineers by profession) and now will be hiring our...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 09:51
Blank
Anisha M
31 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.02K Views
What is the best time to quit my startup?

I joined an acquaintance-friend about a year ago as a co-founder on an idea he was working on. The guy I joined is someone I wasn’t super close to, but have been friendly with for quite some time....

asked Sep 24 '13 at 00:09
Blank
Cofounder2
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
How to separate teaching/consulting with product company I founded, or should I?

I've been teaching on the side as a technical expert throughout industry for the last several years, while maintaining a full time job. I have an established an LLC for this side business. Now, I...

asked Aug 16 '13 at 10:10
Blank
User27452
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Patent assignment form ? how important is it?

Hi fellow entrepreneurs, I am the person who posted this question about a conflict with my co-founder. During discussion with my attorney, I discovered that while we filed for the patents (earlier...

asked Aug 23 '13 at 02:58
Blank
Gupshup
52 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.74K Views
Different vesting schedules among founders

I'm the technical co-founder at a startup. We have soft-circled nearly 50% of our seed round, are participating in an accelerator this summer, are rapidly acquiring new users, and have been in...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 00:28
Blank
Sohan Jain
6 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.48K Views
How can a departing co-founder be compensated for giving back already vested shares?

I'm leaving a startup I co-founded, with some of my shares already vested. The other shareholders want me to give back more shares than specified by our vesting agreement. It does seem to make...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 22:37
Blank
Dan
26 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
4.24K Views
Founder vesting should be KPIs based or time based?

We was discussing the vesting agreement with one of our investors and we proposed a time-based solution. he said that vesting shouldn't be time-based but should depend on KPIs instead. so each...

asked May 28 '13 at 09:36
Blank
Shreef
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
Left my startup pre-launch. What percent equity is fair?

6 months ago I quit my job to start a startup with two other people. I'm the business guy. I worked full-time on the project from day No. 1, and made substantial contributions to branding, customer...

asked Apr 30 '13 at 08:23
Blank
Ileftearly
21 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.33K Views
Non-dilutable options

I have an entity I've been working on for roughly 4 years, the last being a real push to get it out the door. A student recently joined me and got us into a student business plan competition and we...

asked May 2 '13 at 22:47
Blank
User26081
6 points