Bootstrapped Questions

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Is there a best place to start up?

I live on the west coast. Of France. I'm currently looking at starting my own web startup. I have the idea, the expertise, even the cofounder. I'm reading a lot on the subject, and I intend to...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 22:52
Blank
Tom Macdonald
113 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.99K Views
interns for startups

We looking for interns to work with us (yumety) ( machine learning, supervised algorithm ) - anyone knows how to contact interns?

asked Oct 24 '11 at 10:12
Blank
Debasish
46 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Is it possible to create sucessful startup with one guy working f/t other in school?

Background... met my partner about 2 months ago off a list-serv in my general geographic location. My partner - about age 28, has a wife, no kids, but seems to get busy as heck at times and...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 08:17
Blank
Weedoo
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
How to record monies owed to me by my new startup? (bookkeeping question)

I have recently started a startup. I am totally bootstrapping the startup, and so costs are being kept to a minimum. There is no way the company can afford to pay me my normal (or even...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 15:45
Blank
Voidstar
55 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
How and When to Raise Funds For Your Company

Funding your company is an important part of your startup and expansion strategy. It's a broad topic that has a lot of aspects including: keeping your idea secret, seed funding, angels, venture...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 23:23
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.71K Views
Single-owner SaaS business

I have been building a bootstrapped SaaS business for the better part of a year working late into the night most nights per week. I have never spent anything aside from my own time and a few...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 16:11
Blank
Matt Beckman
132 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Should I suspend my startup?

I was working for a large financial firms as Senior Technical Architect, spending almost 15 hours a day. I quit my job around 18 months back to start this startup and taking an underpaid/under...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 18:17
Blank
User11074
39 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Bringing on equal partner after starting solely bootstrapped?

I came up with an idea for a startup, and after trying to start other ventures with non-paid partners I knew the only way to get this done right was to hire a developer straight up to code the...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 01:19
Blank
Patrick
6 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
3.93K Views
What is the best way to spend an initial budget of $1000 on SEO?

We recently launched an online quoting SaaS and are targeting some fairly competitive keywords (e.g. quoting software or quoting system). Because the domain is relatively new (~6 months), I know it...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 08:35
Blank
Mike
252 points

9 Votes
6 Answers
2.45K Views
How to find potential co-founders for a startup?

I've been working on a bootstrapped startup for about 2 years now. I've been working on it solo to this point, but I feel I'm starting to run out of gas. I need fresh ideas, money and assistance in...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 11:02
Blank
Sterling Nichols
148 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Effective bootstrapping methods?

This may be slightly different based on your industry, but I'm interested in your expertise on what your proven and effective methods for bootstrapping... where to save money, what steps to skip,...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 05:49
Blank
Sam
509 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
Crowdsourcing for videos

My partner and I wanted to have a video on the landing page that explains our startup. Is there any crowdsourcing for videos out there? How do usually startups get someone to make a video for...

asked May 22 '11 at 15:21
Blank
Jpartogi
1,342 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Equity and compensation for boot strapped venture

I have been approached by a friend to help with the business side of a venture that he has developed/bootstrapped. No external funding until now. He has developed a working product with outsourced...

asked May 25 '11 at 16:30
Blank
Paddy
31 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Is it better to pay more up front for a custom coded website, or go with open source CMS?

Is it better to pay more up front for a custom coded website, or go with open source CMS, which is a much more economical alternative. Specifically for this bootstrapped micro startup, there is one...

asked May 11 '11 at 03:15
Blank
Sam
509 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.03K Views
Can Price be the ONLY competitive advantage?

I am just venturing into a new product and one thing I realised is that "Price is the ONLY one advantage" I have. I have solid web-development experience and I can build web apps in a fraction of...

asked May 17 '11 at 04:42
Blank
User8226
197 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.95K Views
Living on no income

I'm sure this has been asked before, but my searchfu failed me, so I'll ask... How do people bootstrap (which I assume is the most common early-funding model) and manage to pay the rent and feed...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Fixee
155 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.71K Views
Outsourcing most development/design for a SaaS startup. Is it feasible or will I go broke before starting?

The service I'm planning to launch, requires a lot of work (code and design-wise), and it definitely needs more than 1-2 persons. In my country, start-up partners are hard to find/non-existent. It...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 19:08
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
New job to bootstrap startup?

Context: I started a SAAS based platform for small and medium sized companies around a year back. To save some time I intentionally took this underpaid job close to my home. I have successfully...

asked Mar 2 '11 at 23:56
Blank
User8226
197 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
Free event and action dashboard for startups - Is this is a useful idea?

This post/question is little long but could be useful for startups so I decided to write it here. I have been using an internal dashboard to track my application events and user actions in a php...

asked Feb 12 '11 at 01:33
Blank
Nilesh
420 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
How to deal with a partner who doesn't want to leave his day-job?

I'm a biz dev & marketing guy with a development background and about a year ago I started coding an idea. It took shape and I mentioned it to an ex-colleague / friend. He was extremely unhappy...

asked Jan 30 '11 at 11:37
Blank
Dinosaur Jr
11 points