Strategy Questions

6 Votes
6 Answers
6.16K Views
Does Lean startup work in Mobile?

I started reading into the lean start-up method, and it makes a lot of sense that this is the way to start a company. The thing is, can this method work with a mobile app, where it can take a while...

asked Nov 18 '11 at 05:47
Blank
Ron Ga
2,181 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
Does anyone have suggestions for building a user base for a budding SaaS project?

What specific actions lead to getting users to try your new product?

asked Nov 12 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Chris
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Will my company be worth more if...?

I have got an idea which is new in concept and is based on the cellular market. I am a programmer, an animator and I can do graphics and presentations. I am definitely NOT a business man, and for...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 07:10
Blank
Ted
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
What is the best branding strategy?

I want to have my brand strategy in place when I finally launch my startup. I'm not sure what the best strategy is for a multiple product brand. I see some brands like 37signals have a different...

asked Oct 29 '11 at 19:49
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Should I make my service free?

For the past year I have been developing a VERY niche based review/community site, in the healthcare field. I did as much h/w as possible in searching for competitors, and there were zero direct...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 14:09
Blank
Jdh
182 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.66K Views
How should I deal with after-delivered web page additions?

I am a web developer/designer and I constructing my plan/strategy on the process on delivering a project. My problem is what happens after the delivery. As far as I know I have to send a...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Did my acceptance for cooperation was correct?

The previous months I came with that fancy idea. I found a great to-the-point name and domain name, and started building it. At the time there is a prototype of this project. As a web...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 12:04
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
How do you make people start searching with your keyword phrase?

I have found a good keyword phrase to target, however, there is no global or local search for it. How do I make a user start typing my keyword phrase, which is almost at zero according to the...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 20:47
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.22K Views
Is it a good strategy to quit college and learn about entrepreneurship just by reading books at home?

There are alot of resources online about best books for entrepreneurs, is it good to quit college and learn that at home and then do a startup after learning it?

asked Sep 26 '11 at 05:42
Blank
Drew X
77 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
What carries more weight, adding new users or increasing interaction with existing members?

I'm Founder to a new online application/website. We have made modest progress in the past 6 months (just over 150 member sign ups). Given that we were in beta for the first couple of months, I...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 11:53
Blank
Richard H.
175 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.87K Views
It is possible to startup a sucessful software company without being a programmer?

the idea is simple. How to execute, i don't know. I have an idea for a software. Very good and simple idea, and I think it's simple to execute too. This software can bring to life a new company. I...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 12:25
Blank
H 7
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Building a service around external APIs

I am thinking about building a service around some other company APIs. However, prior of diving into some code, I would like to evaluate all the strategic aspects of such a "one way...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 09:38
Blank
Leonid Mirsky
25 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Getting started on a vertical market application

I have an idea for a vertical market application. Although I have the skills to create the application, and have some business experience, I really don't know generally how to proceed. There are a...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 09:24
Blank
Joe Programmer
18 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Why do distributors or wholesalers hide their prices and ask for quotation request from the enquirer/potential buyers?

Why do distributors or wholesalers hide their prices and ask for quotation request from the enquirer/potential buyers? I have seen in many B2B internet websites. Please let me know. Thanks :)

asked Sep 10 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Need guidance/suggestion on tough situation

We gave a free product trial for 2 months with our first potential client. It is a unique product, there's a great learning process and we have had an amazing response from both students and...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 22:39
Blank
Kumar K
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
How to reduce risks when developing Iphone/Android game?

We are considering investing in the development of a game, which will run on either IPhone or Android (both later). The game is very innovative with and has some genuinely new features, which means...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 08:33
Blank
David
1,567 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Should I let my (large, established) competitors snoop around our service?

we built an idea management system at the Taipei Startup Weekend (a few days ago) and were delighted to finish second. This morning we've found that a competitor, one who's clients include FedEx,...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 11:00
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
4.21K Views
How to promote a cooking software?

I have a hard time getting visitors to my site where I sell a cooking software for Windows. I'm still improving it by SEO (especially the english version is far from perfect) but suppose that will...

asked Aug 25 '11 at 21:25
Blank
Amenti
167 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
How to scale a startup?

We build a profitable startup In 2 years without any outside investment we are building enterprise software(and producing hardware) for Customer Service Improvement in different...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 07:06
Blank
It Samurai
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Recruit Managers before Junior Execs or other way around?

Have been running a business for a couple of years now but been managing most of the areas of the business myself - web development and marketing - while I have staff who take care of customer...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 01:00
Blank
Sam
43 points