Strategy Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.48K Views
What email address convention does your SaaS startup use?

We run a small SaaS startup and we're using GMail for Business. Each member of staff currently has a personal email address using their first name. For example [email protected],...

asked Feb 23 '12 at 18:26
Blank
Kosta Kontos
216 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
How do you bill for customisations in your SaaS offering?

We provide a customisable SaaS solution, and have adopted the classic billing model of a monthly user subscription fee. However some of our clients also require us to make customisations to their...

asked Feb 24 '12 at 18:38
Blank
Kosta Kontos
216 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
How To Find New Problems to Solve or Ideas for Products To Work On?

What is the thought sequence, particuarlly in a new venture that you're thinking about or have already started? Do cool things just randomly pop in your head after whatever things you do through...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 04:25
Blank
Steven
41 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
how important is the .com TLD?

Possible Duplicate: what's more important - .com or name? I am in the very early stages of what I hope to be a very profitable company. It is solely an online presence (think Digg, twitter,...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 14:57
Blank
Joe
99 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.87K Views
How to sell advertising space on the website during initial stages?

I'm building a web application for an academic community. I'm relying on advertisements as the revenue model for my business. My website is currently in its very initial stage so, how can I get the...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 07:19
Blank
Aditya
18 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
importance of a community?

I recently launched a web site but I have a dilemma between building a community completing business model at the moment the site just MVP so it has some attractive features but doesn't have...

asked Jan 18 '12 at 06:56
Blank
Altuure
103 points

4 Votes
7 Answers
4.23K Views
Why is customized software so expensive?

Actually, I know the answer but I don't know how to market my answer. Quick background We're an independent team of 3 developers who write software for a company with 2B in revenue. We've been...

asked Jan 24 '12 at 10:51
Blank
Adhg
250 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
First partnership that could get us half a million users - help!

We are a startup currently building a prototype version of a software with 20 developers within the websemantics field. We are developing a really innovative tool and have already received the...

asked Jan 13 '12 at 23:28
Blank
Patrick
23 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
sample business model canvas or tool

Hi I am looking for some sample business model canvas with proper details ? Any link or image would be welcome Any quick tool to build a model canvas would be also helpful. cheers //edit I am...

asked Jan 16 '12 at 23:54
Blank
Altuure
103 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
Sensible pricing options for a tiered translation service on retainer? Or - how do I add value more without exhausting myself?

I’m an English man living in Germany. As a side line, I offer German to English translation, interpreting and language lessons. These do not provide a steady income, so I’d like to offer a...

asked Jan 17 '12 at 20:52
Blank
Edd Turner
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
Is it a good practice to receive money for every service my company offer?

We have a start-up company in which we offer some educational services. Some of our services are free to use but most of them including : online quizes, consulting and blah blah blah. They can...

asked Dec 28 '11 at 23:32
Blank
??????
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
How people may react if you ask them to join your "hospital" for internet ingorants?

I came with an idea, it is mainly a small internet company that will help and guide people with no or little experience with computers and internet. Something like e-learning. My main problem is...

asked Dec 18 '11 at 05:58
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
What time of the year to review your company strategy?

At what time during the year do you review your company strategy, making sure you are working towards something useful, and set goal for the months ahead? This question is being asked in the...

asked Dec 19 '11 at 19:11
Blank
Paul Filmer
790 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
Need help structuring equity for well qualified partner wannabes

I know there have been related posts to this question which I've already read, but can someone please help me specifically with this? We found some high profile techies/developers in a neighboring...

asked Dec 14 '11 at 18:23
Blank
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.79K Views
How do you make people to spend more time on a political website

I'm part of a political website which publish analyses, news and interviews on a regular basis. It's been almost a year since our foundation, and even though our visitor count raises we still...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 13:07
Blank
Elran
9 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Web development - Outsource or go in-house?

All, A non-coder friend of mine based in India is considering developing a portal for his startup. His is a web-based idea and the portal will be his source of revenues. Since he can't code,...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 16:47
Blank
Rokstr Dli
36 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
3.33K Views
What should be the strategy for a website not dependent on google?

What should be the strategy for a website not dependent on google? How to be successful website without depending on google? It can be tips or tricks. Although, google is the best medium for...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 03:36
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one?

How to deal with the subscriber email address shift from the subscribed email address to a new one? example : Mr.A subscribed on www.example.com by using [email protected], however, now he tend to...

asked Dec 7 '11 at 17:54
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Strategy- How to make a single time visitor into a frequent visitor of your website? User engagement

Strategy- How to make a single time visitor into a frequent visitor? I know subscribing is one of the many options for user engagement and frequent visits by users.

asked Dec 7 '11 at 18:00
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.48K Views
Starting company with co-founder in industry

At what point do you end a startup relationship, if you're 1.5 months into development and the business cofounder says he only have 8-12 hours a week to work on a company? After saying he could do...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 03:18
Blank
Noe D
4 points