Employees Questions

3 Votes
4 Answers
1.97K Views
How do I know if a potential new employee is a "long-term" unemployed person?

This pertains to the president's proposed new tax breaks for businesses. PBS Newshour

asked Sep 15 '11 at 10:03
Blank
Tom Jones
24 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Legal issues in setting up an affiliate program?

Are there any legal issues with setting up an affiliate program? Basically a system where people can get rewarded for referrals. Even if there's nothing major, are there any words you should make...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 10:53
Blank
Babonk
143 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Why is free lunch so good for a company

I am in the process of trying to convince my boss to have catered lunches at work. The company is still in its scrappy startup phase so money is a little tight. I was wondering if anyone could...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 12:31
Blank
Jmeed
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Should I do it all alone or co-operate with others?

I have builded some web startups earlier with medium winnings. I have to say that the whole work was done by myself as I have the ability to do it programmatically. However I think I am not the...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 08:25
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Where to find designers / programmers for equity

Investors want to see the finished project (+ maybe private beta results). I came a long way, but I have the feeling that I cant run the last couple of miles without being surpassed by...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Equity
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.7K Views
How would you sell a development team?

Is there a site, or resources, for a development team in need of a start up? I'm in a bit of a odd situation here, in that I built a development team of 6 people for a privately funded social...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 23:58
Blank
E Barr
123 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
3.14K Views
How to quit full-time job for startup?

My co-founder and I met each other at our current company. However, we are intending on quitting our jobs within the next few weeks for our startup. The startup and our current employer are in two...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 12:01
Blank
Li Zhou
323 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
2.75K Views
Code Quality in Boot Strapped Startup

I am running a boot-strapped startup with another technical co-founder and we are making revenue (not profitable yet) and things are extremely tight. We are both experienced programmers and my...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 03:32
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
Hiring siblings

There are 12 ppl in my organisation. Should I hire siblings of people already working for my organisation? I mean its not a big deal for a big company, but such a decision should be thought upon in...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 19:56
Blank
User392406
128 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.7K Views
How to convince employees of small business to make a difference in the world?

I am owner of a small start up web+mobile development company. We are 2 full time programmers (including myself) and 4 part time programmers. I asked my team a question: Do you think it's important...

asked Sep 4 '11 at 14:07
Blank
John
170 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Should I use my company's IP?

I've been working for a company as a contractor for several months. While working for this company, I created some seriously sensitive IP. This is IP that is nigh on patentable. My employment with...

asked Aug 26 '11 at 21:13
Blank
John
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
No employer contract, what IP rights do I have?

Ive been employeed by an Advertising agency for coming up on 3 years now as a web developer. Prior to my employment I was a subcontractor hired by this same agency for about 3 years. I have had...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 13:00
Blank
Patrick
18 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
Compensation for early startup employee - what is the right balance?

If my company is profitable and able to pay early startup employee at the market salary (compare to MSFT, Google, Apple etc) , should I still need to pay for significant amount of option to...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 23:30
Blank
Howard
126 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.44K Views
Founder stocks and Employee pool

Is it common to issue equity to CEO as Preferred stock but other co-founders as Common stock? When setting up a 20% employee pool, it is common to have terms that the unissued equity will be...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 13:52
Blank
Howard
126 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
What are the key qualities you look for in a candidate for startups?

I know that it is very difficult to gauge a candidate's attitude / work ethics from the start. What are the most important things you look for a candidate that will be fit for a startup software...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 14:29
Blank
Joset
161 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Is it ethical for an employee to start a similar business?

Is ethical for an employee quitting to start a similar business? What do you think?

asked Jul 31 '11 at 01:54
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
5.35K Views
Are co-founders employees? Do they need to be paid minimum wage?

If there is a co-founder with 20% equity in the company but no salary, what is his status in the company? Should he be considered an employee? What is the difference between a cofounder and an...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 12:21
Blank
Anil
45 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Employee Payment - From an Investor's Prospective

In the development stage of launching a start up. I am initially outsourcing the development as I am not located in a place where there is an abundance of programmers. The dev timeline is 6 weeks....

asked Jul 5 '11 at 12:41
Blank
Eric Littleton
107 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
How much cash reserves should you plan to have before hiring?

We're at a point where we need to hire at 1-2 employees, and I'm not sure how much cash to have on hand. We're a SaaS product, with growing traction and on target to be cash-flow neutral next year....

asked Jul 8 '11 at 23:13
Blank
Nicko
840 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Technical Minded Team Experience Or General Work Experience

To preface this, I'm a kid in high school that enjoys playing with ruby and ruby on rails. During the summer, my web development passion gets close to 100% of my time, but during the school year it...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 01:22
Blank
Flashuni
3 points