Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
How to start a UK online business? (admin)

A few years ago I had an idea for an online business, its going to operate as a freemium model and simply deal with information no tangible goods. since then I have been creating the site learning...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 06:09
Blank
Dave
113 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Espresso Machine & Equipment for Starting a boutique coffee shop

Background : I've these thoughts about quitting the computer industry altogether and starting a "normal" business either a coffee shop, or a sushi bar. I would like to make my own "real" coffee...

asked Dec 21 '11 at 09:55
Blank
Herr K
292 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Ownership/Equity Distribution on Fashion Startup?

My Friend (a graphic designer/production manager) is a 33% partner in a manufacturing company with 2 investors (spilt 33% among the 3). Right now they are manufacturing for outside clothing...

asked Dec 24 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Stacey Jackson
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Launched two weeks ago, tried lot of things but don't know where the problem is and I'm stuck

This is my first experience launching a startup, as well as my first desktop software I have ever wrote...so you are going to see lot of rookie mistakes. I waited until I have tried what I could...

asked Dec 25 '11 at 00:39
Blank
Gagwgw
227 points

11 Votes
5 Answers
3.16K Views
Finding a start-up partner as a developer

I have been coding solutions since like the dawn of time, at least that's how it feels, and I love it so now I want to help found a new start up or help an existing start up that needs a technical...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 01:32
Blank
Tim
670 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Do I need a tech co founder at this point?

Here's my situation. A year ago I outsourced a website to be built. Went into it blindly, failed miserably, lost tons of money. Moved on. In the meantime, I've come up with a new concept for a...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 02:41
Blank
Adam
26 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
.Net Development team -- what's the best way to start a company and get outsourcing work?

We are a .net development team in India, and we are looking for outsourcing work. But how to get such work, and how to represent in the market of software development? How should we approach...

asked Dec 12 '11 at 18:53
Blank
Kuldip Mca
106 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.62K Views
How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only books which matters every month?

How do entrepreneurs make sure they read only few important books which matters every month and disregard the others due to information overload ?

asked Dec 15 '11 at 17:05
Blank
Drew X
77 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.42K Views
How to find a good team member online?

So, I started working on a project, and I have a shortage of good team members. The project is kind of secret and I would not like to share details about the project. I could advertise on the web...

asked Dec 16 '11 at 04:44
Blank
C0da
111 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Register options for a new social media application

We're making a different approached and kinda niche web and mobile project and planning to release our private beta release at the end of January. But I'm confused about our user register...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 18:34
Blank
Tylerdurden
131 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
How important is to establish a relationship with a lawyer and an accountant in early stages of a company

The older I get and the more I get into entrepreneurship, I find myself having to talk more and more with different type of lawyers and accountants. Does it make sense to establish a relationship...

asked Dec 3 '11 at 05:28
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
What are the steps needed for registering/startup a software company?

I have been working fulltime w/o pay developing my iPhone app, now it's closing to the release time and I think it's about the time start my own company. I wonder if anyone can provide some...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 18:33
Blank
Tom
197 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Was there ever a startup website that didn't require the help of angel investors?

I guess what I meant to say is; Has there ever been a startup that started small then became successful on its own, instead of having a large financial backup beforehand? If so, may I ask for a...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Propeller
134 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
How should I move forward? [Details inside]

I am an 18-year old individual, in my first year of university. At the beginning of the university year, I had an idea for a website that I followed up on and have, at this point, created a product...

asked Dec 6 '11 at 17:55
Blank
Aventuris
28 points

-1 Votes
4 Answers
1.91K Views
Is this the wrong way to go about creating a startup

I'm tech side; he's business side. We're about 3-4 months in, and he works full time (closer to 50 hours a week) at another job. I'm a full-time student. I asked my business partner when he was...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 10:49
Blank
Yo Kitty
2 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
What are some things to consider when producing custom university t-shirts?

I would like to start a small company that produces custom t-shirts for universities (like t-shirts in most of the North America's university bookstores). I already have design with a couple of...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 14:26
Blank
Asterisk
116 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.51K Views
What is the best way to adjust options?

Me and my partner are about to start a new startup. I'm much more financially prepared than he is so we've agreed on the following structure. I would fund the company with half a million for the...

asked Nov 30 '11 at 10:49
Blank
Erotsppa
139 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
I would like to build a new web service application, where to start

The main point is that I am a programmer and I am willing to work hard at least 20 hours per week to build a web service application that can be valuable to other people. I don't have an idea about...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 05:56
Blank
Baraban
9 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
how to say no to a project for start up a company?

We wanted to start a little startup, but things changed after a big company asked us to do some modules, and after being in talks, we thought now that it will be best to start with the small that...

asked Dec 2 '11 at 01:29
Blank
Tyoc213
41 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Starting company with co-founder in industry

At what point do you end a startup relationship, if you're 1.5 months into development and the business cofounder says he only have 8-12 hours a week to work on a company? After saying he could do...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 03:18
Blank
Noe D
4 points