Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.54K Views
So how should I classify the business?

I’m at the pre start-up phase of my business and I have a question regarding how I should classify the company? I am designing a specialty line of clothing that will be produced by a contract...

asked Oct 25 '11 at 03:54
Blank
Carmen
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.29K Views
Whats next step? Am starting a Dropshipping company in India. I'll start with say 200 to 1000 shirts

I believe this will work here in India since there are more and more people willing to earn extra sitting right at their home. This gives a scope for future in dropshipping business. As am being in...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 20:07
Blank
Karthic
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.41K Views
It's a very new concept and struggling to convince the world in 3 seconds- help?

We have a very unique platform - connecting people by analyzing their wishes, worries, desires & dreams. People are not used to it, but when we speak then people get it. People spend 3 seconds...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 22:44
Blank
Debasish
46 points

1 Votes
9 Answers
2.6K Views
Should I learn programming or focus on idea generations

I have ideas about iPhone apps but I am not sure if I code those ideas myself or hire someone to do it for me. I am not an expert programmer but I can learn. The only issue I have with learning is...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 06:16
Blank
Annon
6 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.5K Views
To launch a website business, what do I need for funding?

I just want to have my own website where I sell products that I manufacture using CAD software. I'm trying to look three ahead because that's supposedly how long it takes for a business to start...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 16:55
Blank
Wolfpack'08
99 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
83b Election: is it important?

I'm reading through Do More Faster and there is a chapter in there that talks about an 83b election and how it is ESSENTIAL that you do it when you create your startup. It seems to save you a ton...

asked Oct 9 '11 at 00:57
Blank
Edgar Miranda
230 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
My site seems to be getting traction but still users dont post in it I am still doing it after 4.5 months online

My portal is starting to show some traction. We've been online 4.5 months after 1 year of developing it. We already have close to 50k twitter followers, 1,000 visitors a day between PPC + Organic,...

asked Oct 11 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Daniel Michan
66 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.4K Views
What should be my career path in the corporate if I wanted to become an entrepreneur in the future?

I am currently working in a multinational company and leaning towards a leadership role in the short term. However, I am realizing that the corporate ladder is not for me and wanted to created...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 02:33
Blank
User614
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Choosing a business structure for an online electronics store

I am a new entrepreneur and I am approved for a $60,000 goverment grant. I am starting an online electronics shop in Indiana, and I am trying to figure out (along with many other things) what the...

asked Oct 12 '11 at 11:37
Blank
Brandon B.
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Stick with one technology or go for several technologies?

When starting a small software business what would be ideal and why? I mean in the context of technologies 1- Stick with only one technology ( ex: only Java ) 2- Go for several technologies (...

asked Oct 13 '11 at 13:40
Blank
D Shan
68 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.67K Views
Where to start?

So this is my situation: I've got an idea and I don't have much programming skills - I'm 16 and about to start uni for the first time in a couple of months and I'm in for Software Engineering....

asked Oct 14 '11 at 17:18
Blank
Tushar747
11 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
6.76K Views
People are saying its "really cool" but hard to convince them to signup - any suggestions?

We developed a social networking platform that connects people with other similar people by analyzing their dreams - everyone is saying its cool but its hard to convince people to signup - any...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 04:32
Blank
Debasish
46 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.72K Views
Where to find a part time coder who will code for free with me in return they become a partner?

I am a developer and I have a few ideas for web apps to build which can create revenue. I work full time and can only work on a project in my spare time. Because I am alone, I figured it would take...

asked Sep 30 '11 at 06:28
Blank
Tony Henrich
283 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.32K Views
Finding investors for a website, how it works?

This is a very basic question. I have a startup website which has a business model. The website is basically a non-profit organization focused at a certain group of people and has a cause (not...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Chimpanzee
102 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Early stage strategies of growing your customer base for online start-up?

I wonder what do you recommend are the best strategies for growth and promotion of your online start-up in the early stages after launch? How do you get your name out there and how do you...

asked Sep 21 '11 at 02:08
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Number of shares for a newly established online services company + stock options?

Following up on the recent question about diluting the stock in this board, I would like to find out more about what do you recommend is a standard number of shares to issue for a new star-up. To...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 16:00
Blank
Peter K.
194 points

9 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
What are basic steps to creating a simple marketing strategy for a small startup?

I have started a small startup online business. I need to drive traffic to the site and create new users - a classic "inbound marketing" problem. I have seen that people have asked similar...

asked Sep 23 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Slightly Dillusioned Startup Guy
48 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.63K Views
Make versus Buy, Time versus Money

Specifically for web/software, how do you know whether it is better to invest time developing the product alone or in a small team versus shelling out hard earned money to get it developed quickly...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 17:19
Blank
Hagope
106 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Is my role as non technical guy valuable enough in this case?

How do I approach this situation? I m a non-technical guy, but I want to set up a very basic search engine which would search for data from a MYSQL database of data collected by us.The data is...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 18:30
Blank
User13528
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Is it possible to create sucessful startup with one guy working f/t other in school?

Background... met my partner about 2 months ago off a list-serv in my general geographic location. My partner - about age 28, has a wife, no kids, but seems to get busy as heck at times and...

asked Sep 27 '11 at 08:17
Blank
Weedoo
11 points