Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.51K Views
Start a web designing Company or Just bea Freelancer & go for a full time l Job ? I am in Big Dilemma

I have just finished my Degree in BTech in Electronics& Communications few months back and i am a enthusiastic Web designer so after my Degree in B Tech i started do a freelancing web designing...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 00:47
Blank
Panindra
108 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
What are the key qualities you look for in a candidate for startups?

I know that it is very difficult to gauge a candidate's attitude / work ethics from the start. What are the most important things you look for a candidate that will be fit for a startup software...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 14:29
Blank
Joset
161 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
1.85K Views
How to find entrepreneurial help with a SaaS startup (for a techie)

First thanks for this great Q&A. I'm probably coming to this from a different angle - but I'm a computer programmer at a university and have developed a niche staff application that has become...

asked Jul 29 '11 at 06:18
Blank
Robin
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Good course of action or no?

Originally when first talking about the company myself, and the 2 other cofounders.. at the time decided to do a split on equity. Now, we're about a 1.5-2 months in and the other two cofounders...

asked Jul 14 '11 at 02:42
Blank
User9968
229 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.3K Views
Is it possible to start a company virtually?

I plan to start a web project which will be an advertising company. Providing a service where a publisher and advertiser can connect with each other and start the ads posting agreement. Something...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
before the website can be launch, what should we do?

My project/website is in the development phase, but I do have everything in mind (how it works from a - z). Besides creating a coming soon page with email subscription, is there anything else I can...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 17:38
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.38K Views
How to get legal help, online?

I am an immigrant in the US on student visa. I cannot afford lawyers at this point. I want to set up an LLC, since it makes more sense to me. Any ideas as to how to maneuver the legal aspects? I am...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 13:14
Blank
Sid
44 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
Should I focus on a larger audience for my project?

I have a project which when complete will attempt to build an online community with features specific to my favorite hobby. The project has been designed such that eventually we can extend this...

asked Jul 20 '11 at 23:43
Blank
Nick Larsen
128 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Can I register an umbrella business to "hold" two other businesses?

I have 2 "businesses" which I would like to register under 1 umbrella business for the sake of taxes. First I have a web/apps business (1 website, 2 additonal apps, soon to be 3) that isn't...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 00:29
Blank
Matthew
101 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Customer adoption rate of product or service

I am in the process of creating a startup in an existing market and through research found that in order to win customers from competitors, I need them to "adopt" my product/service as their own....

asked Jul 21 '11 at 20:16
Blank
Salmon
181 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How long to wait for investing?

I'm the tech guy and doing a lot of technical development for the startup. How long does one wait around for the business people to get funding from VC's and Angels? is there a ballpark of how...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 04:51
Blank
User9968
229 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Start a business with a close friend or a family member?

Is that a good or a bad idea to start a business with someone you are really close?

asked Jul 6 '11 at 19:01
Blank
Dervlap
28 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.73K Views
a place to call work!

If your start-up is very early on how soon should your start-up leave a home office to leave for a office building? or should it be based on how many people are working with you?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 20:26
Blank
Johnathan Kulp
16 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.32K Views
Is it better to have a formal contract on ownership prior to accepting external investment?

Not assigning anyone any equity until we get funding, despite that fact that I am the tech.-cofounder i need to start developing a demo to show investors. Should an actual contract really be...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 23:10
Blank
User9968
229 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
5.36K Views
What is the easiest way to get a small business website online?

I'm a coder so I still do everything by hand: find a web hosting company, write the HTML by hand, layout in CSS, graphics in photoshop and/or stock photos, hack it all together, get the email forms...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 05:12
Blank
User11476
141 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Which way to go?

I'm about 9 months from graduation with my Bachelors in Information Systems... I have had a ton of experience already working for a variety of different companies within my industry: Information...

asked Jul 1 '11 at 00:25
Blank
User9968
229 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
Startup Taxes and Accounting: Finding services, Best practices, & How not to go to jail

There are many money issues that neither add to my code base nor user base. For example: payroll taxes and excise taxes W2 W3 W4 I9 941 940 1120 + all the equivalent state forms all of those...

asked Jun 13 '11 at 14:32
Blank
Evan
133 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.34K Views
Entrepreneur With no skills

Ok want to start my business which involves software etc. I Do IT at school so I do know a few things about programming but not a lot. Now my Question is can I start a business like this, with me...

asked May 27 '11 at 14:00
Blank
I Scotts
11 points

2 Votes
10 Answers
5.13K Views
I want to start a social network company but I know nothing about programing

I have some ideas for a social network and really want to start a company. But I don't know how to program. Should I learn or just find a technical partner? I know founders of tech giants like...

asked Jun 1 '11 at 21:40
Blank
Yc Wang
19 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Where to Register a Social Network Start-Up

I have an e-commerce site and the company is registered in Florida, US. I'm located in Israel, and I have an idea to create a social network site. My main question is which of the following options...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Daniel
24 points