Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.01K Views
What is/was the elevator pitch of Facebook?

An elevator pitch is a short summary used to quickly and simply define a product, service, or organization and its value proposition. What was the elevator pitch of Facebook when it started?...

asked May 20 '12 at 23:54
Blank
Anlai
375 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Niche market ok if startup and operating costs are low?

i know, i know: go after large markets. the math is easier. but my business plan calls for selling an inexpensively developed but highly compelling product to a niche industry. further, the...

asked May 23 '12 at 10:32
Blank
Brianb
21 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3K Views
Hire a sales guy for a part-time start-up?

Background: I'm a tech guy with alot of product building experience I've built and recently launched a SaaS/cloud application for a niche market, targeting small-size companies The product...

asked May 23 '12 at 11:39
Blank
Cloud Mark
125 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How Would You Market A Product To High Schools? (Most Effective Way)?

Lets's say you guys had a product you sold for $20. Let's say the product was for high school football coaches. What would be the most effective way to reach the North American Market? The only...

asked Apr 28 '12 at 10:03
Blank
Mike
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Do I need traditional marketing for a web startup?

Is traditional marketing (newspapers, magazines, outdoors, tv, radio..and so on) necessary for a web startup in a tough niche (travel industry)?

asked Apr 30 '12 at 16:47
Blank
Daniel
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.68K Views
Marketing a free service

How would you go about marketing to consumers a service which is free to them? If it were a product or a paid-for service you could offer discounts and things, but since its a free service you...

asked May 1 '12 at 09:10
Blank
Blazemore
106 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Is this an Endorsement?

Suppose there's a site that runs a blog about computer hardware and on one of the blogs about dealing with old hardware stuff, a blog reader asks something like 'Looking for possible online sites...

asked May 2 '12 at 08:59
Blank
User16659
18 points

0 Votes
6 Answers
2.7K Views
Marketing Plan or Business Plan first?

Wouldn't I be more effective doing a marketing plan first - before working on a business plan? Everybody's working on business plans, and I know they include Market and Marketing information. But...

asked May 3 '12 at 22:22
Blank
Patrick Ny
300 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
how to grow a new social network

We build a social network.. We're not the expert on the market stuffs but actually it's as hard as developing a new stuff.. Anyway I'm just curious about how to grow a new social network.. I know...

asked May 8 '12 at 18:19
Blank
Tylerdurden
131 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.93K Views
Social media advertising

I am starting a business that produces its product based on customer opinion that is collected via a website. How effective is word of mouth proliferation over online social media for spreading the...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 02:54
Blank
William Ernster
1 point

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.19K Views
How do you verify the viability of your idea?

I would like to hear from those folks that have gone through their initial market research and idea validation stages of their start-up and would like to share how they went about making sure their...

asked Apr 24 '12 at 12:34
Blank
Victor S
141 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
How to market a website where developers can buy and sell source code?

I've developed iPhone and Mac applications in the past, with reasonable success. Back then, Apple would take care of the distribution, and sales were pretty constant. I just launched a website...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 09:38
Blank
Boopyman
113 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Marketing - Competitor goes out of business

I've read that the online image editor app http://www.picnik.com closes. How should a competitor react on such a message? What marketing measures are the right ones to reach users that are looking...

asked Apr 10 '12 at 19:40
Blank
James
16 points

14 Votes
5 Answers
4.43K Views
Ways of promoting Android app

I created a few applications. One of them is very good and users like it. However, I can not increase the number of installations to more than 50 per day. It is very small. The program is unique,...

asked Mar 26 '12 at 14:20
Blank
Astraport
186 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
Is it good practice to promote product to contacts using LinkedIn direct message

We have a product which we would like to market using LinkedIn. Now I have a group of contacts(1'st connections) in LinkedIn who are our prospects. But I have never interacted with them. My...

asked Mar 26 '12 at 20:28
Blank
Feroz
14 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
19K Views
How much do "where did you hear about us?" type questions impact signup/conversion rates?

There's a truism I often hear - claiming that the less complicated the signup process for a web-service, the higher the conversion rate (as a rough measure of complexity, count mouse clicks to...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 00:52
Blank
Blueberryfields
426 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Is it a Good Idea to promote your website at tech conferences like SXSW, Web 2.0?

My friend and I are about to launch our website in 6 weeks. We do not have a company registered yet. We are working on full time jobs and plan to set up a company once our website launches and...

asked Mar 14 '12 at 02:21
Blank
Raj
24 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
What is the salary for an experienced social marketer?

I'm looking to hire a experienced professional on a part-time contact basis to manage the online marketing of my smartphone app. Our focus will be social media. I've found many qualified people on...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 07:13
Blank
Barry Fruitman
119 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.44K Views
Selling Native American art

In our tribe, every single bit of what we put on something we make has a story behind it. It has some meaning. So it takes me several days to make Indian art. I sell the art I create at pow wows...

asked Mar 19 '12 at 09:33
Blank
Tribaldude
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Can a business page on facebook sell it's status updates?

As the owner of a business with a Facebook "place" page I wanted to know if I could sell status/post updates to my fans to various suppliers of goods and services in the area? Having started a...

asked Mar 21 '12 at 23:27
Blank
Jamie
6 points