Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Ways to reach users for product prototype, important part for final product development

We are start-up with limited finance and marketing knowledge. Our product targets end user. Product prototype is ready, now the question is how should we approach the user to showcase our...

asked Aug 31 '12 at 22:54
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
Incentivizing crowdsourcing through stock/equity IOUs: 1 free share per submission

During its mission to raise popularity in the midst of the dot-com boom in '98, TravelZoo gave a few free shares to each person who signed up for their mailing list. Hypothetically, let's say I'm...

asked Sep 2 '12 at 14:24
Blank
Maxim Zaslavsky
101 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
SaaS, should we pick the payment options or let the customer?

Working on a new B2C SaaS will allow our customers to accept payments online from their customers. Currently we're trying to decided whether its better to have a list of payment gateways for our...

asked Sep 4 '12 at 09:23
Blank
Delboud
16 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Is SaaS really a profitable market now (compared to 2005)?

When you consider the following: 20 USD monthly fee x 12 months = 240 USD per user / yr. So, 1,000 paying customers would be needed to attain 240,000 USD revenue At a conversion rate of 10% one...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Jason
56 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
How to market "web programming" services?

Are there any books or research out there on how best to market "web programming" services? I find it's hard to communicate to clients the benefits of custom web programming. Also how to put it in...

asked Sep 13 '12 at 12:53
Blank
Earle Davies
6 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Is starting a business without somebody knowing "business" a good idea?

I am a developer since quite some time. I am having some good ideas and plan to start a business in the startup world. I already have a friend who will join me as a co-founder. Now the problem is:...

asked Sep 13 '12 at 19:46
Blank
Torsten
176 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
An 'any software you want' approach to marketing?

I want to start a software business. It's probably been said a million times before on this forum, and software start-up's being in such abundance is one of the reasons for this question. I don't...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 01:40
Blank
Dee Mac
123 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Can I use competitor trademarks in my branding?

I would like to use the following in the branding for my startup software product. Do I run the risk of being sued by my competitors? Hello. My Family needs , < feature 1 > like <...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 01:42
Blank
Letgo123
6 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.43K Views
Contact Us Forms

Are "Contact Us" forms still relavant to small businesses/startups or have other more social means (facebook, twitter, etc) become the preferred method of contact.

asked Aug 29 '12 at 04:55
Blank
User19444
21 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.01K Views
Promoting startup on Google+

I'm just getting started with promoting my startup in Google+, and am looking for suggestions on the best way to do this. I can post to Google+ as (1) the "page" for the startup or as (2) my email...

asked Aug 5 '12 at 12:55
Blank
Kekito
1,936 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.37K Views
How to improve the conversion rate of a software?

We have introduced a new software.It has been only 25 days since the launch,we have got only a single sale.I'm just concerned about the conversion rate.What can i do to improve the conversion rate?

asked Aug 9 '12 at 13:53
Blank
Techno
128 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
using GREE mobile platform (aka openFeint)

I uploaded two days ago my new game to the Andorid platform. so far, I don't have many downloads. I introduced with GREE which is kind of social network for mobile gamers I think it's something...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 17:05
Blank
Socksocket
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
Product Positioning-Large or Small customer focus

We are a software startup and trying to solve a unique problem, which is applicable for both small and large organizations. Is there any recommendation in positioning the product for smaller or...

asked Aug 10 '12 at 04:27
Blank
User8226
197 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Which is the right way Technology Consulting or Technology Centric Consulting

I am a regular reader of this forum and am trying to clear my doubts before I actually dive in the real sea. I am a hardcore developer working in a specific stream, web2.0. precisely on Rich...

asked Aug 14 '12 at 20:56
Blank
Dhananjay
33 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Why are Daily Deal sites "hard to scale'?

I read a lot that daily deal sites such as groupon and livingsocial are hard to scale from a business viewpoint. What does this mean, and why is this so?

asked Jul 23 '12 at 20:19
Blank
Jason
56 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
How to make an offer?

Assume that you are a custom app seller. You get your customers, on all kind of opportunities like events, blind mails, viral marketing. When you are at the customer you present your...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 16:58
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Why do marketers limit special pricing to one per person or household?

I've noticed resellers sometimes offer great deals but with the restriction you can only buy a limited quantity per person or household. From a consumer perspective, it may at first glance seem...

asked Aug 1 '12 at 10:10
Blank
Rkagerer
121 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
3.24K Views
Choosing a URL: balancing a bad name with a great URL vs. a great name with a bad URL

Assume I've made a (hypothetical) online game where you equip two cats that rule small feifdoms, and they fight each other. I haven't done this! It's just an example. But say I did this, and I...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 04:39
Blank
Mattshepherd
133 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.19K Views
How to find business ideas and marketers?

Possible Duplicate: What's the best way to find/evaluate a Marketing co-founder? I work full time as an asp.net developer. I have more than 5 years of professional experience in writing...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 20:02
Blank
Å¡ljaker
111 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
Consulting while working

I kinda have a dilemma! My partner and I, who are coworkers, came up with the idea to start our own consulting firm. Our firm will target our present clients. We are Medicaid consultants in a...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Girl Trying To Market
21 points