Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
Is building fans on a Facebook fan page or Twitter with Fiverr worthwhile?

I've seen Fiverr used to build fans to a new social network page or profile, build links (spammy) for a website, or design a logo. Is it an effective tool for building fans to a social media page...

asked Jul 9 '12 at 08:17
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
will you use your competitor's community mailing system to promote your product/website?

Will you ask your site competitor's member to join your site by sending message to them through competitor's site (like maybe sending message,mail etc)? Do you think members who received such an...

asked Jul 12 '12 at 02:48
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
Average time for founder from technology background to get comfortable with marketing

BACKGROUND I'm a senior software developer and started my own company last year. Prior to last year, I worked for a couple of years as a software developer on contract for many companies. And...

asked Jul 14 '12 at 02:36
Blank
John
170 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Is "Co" suffix obligatory? Or "Software"?

I have reserved a name for my business. It does not contain any "Co" or "Software" suffix. But sometimes it's more appropriate to use the suffix, e.g. in Facebook page's title. Can I use the "Co"...

asked Jul 15 '12 at 00:48
Blank
Muller
19 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Is lack of marketing from competitors a good reason to build a startup?

Background: I have a web app idea in mind that I have started developing for fun. As I started seeing potential for revenue, I realized that a lot of other competitors have already started this...

asked Jul 17 '12 at 03:46
Blank
Jason
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
How do I get in front of the right people to share what my business does?

I'm a 22 year old mobile marketer and QR designer. I can create artistic branded qr codes for musicians, mobile app companies, and other mobile based companies. How do I go about getting in touch...

asked Jul 19 '12 at 02:37
Blank
Qrezy
21 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.06K Views
How to approach SEO for a new website?

We have just launched (yesterday actually!) a website for our startup - providing mobile and Facebook app development services. Sales will totally drive from leads generated from the website....

asked Jul 21 '12 at 17:21
Blank
Ali
179 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
3.82K Views
What "problem" is the luxury industry solving?

The common wisdom is that when creating a product you must solve a problem or need people have. For example, Facebook solves the social problem, and Evernote is your "second brain". However, it...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 18:46
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.59K Views
How to create an online course?

I like the idea of creating an online course. However, I have never done something like that before. My idea is: Create an online course about a field I know a lot about and charge for that. So...

asked Jul 23 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
How do I determine the optimal price to maximize profit from a contest?

We are trying to setup a contest at my school where contestants have to pay to enter and compete. We have enough money to cover a grand prize, as well as other minor prizes. According to my naive...

asked Jun 16 '12 at 09:02
Blank
Paul
111 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
How effective is Facebook marketing?

What impact did your Facebook fan page have on your sales or traffic? Did you try to measure conversion rate: "Facebook fans/visits" or "Facebook fans/sales"?

asked Jun 20 '12 at 17:26
Blank
Activation Cloud
153 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Stuck in the middle on a start-up venture

My co-founder and I have invested $50k together and launched phase 1 of our social network website. We have started marketing in NY metro and have grown to 300 users in 4 weeks. We are in the...

asked Jun 23 '12 at 04:36
Blank
Rajiv
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Where to advertise for such a very targeted market?

My company makes and sells computers for Autodesk software, so Structural Engineers, 3D designers etc. Where would be best to advertise? We have an adwords campaign running, but we are only...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 21:15
Blank
Adam
133 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
How to market my customer's webshop?

I have my own web development company and I created a web shop for a customer using Drupal Commerce. My customer was selling children's clothing in a regular store. This store, however, no longer...

asked Jun 6 '12 at 18:36
Blank
Mike
140 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Advertising campaigns that drive mobile downloads

I want to run an advertising campaign that will drive downloads of my mobile app. I'm open to AdWords, Facebook ads, Reddit self-serve ads, AdMob ads that appear on mobile devices etc. The mobile...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 11:43
Blank
Sunday Monday
167 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.02K Views
Should I have a "presence" on Facebook & Twitter & Google+?

I have a habit of registering my own name on social sites, just to ensure that nobody impersonates me. Now, starting a business, I am doing the same with the business name and the product...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 20:51
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
About to launch - based in Prague

I'm about to launch a social travel network PhD colleague. It uses a complex algorithm to rank results and recommendations. We've just concluded the development and must say that we made mistakes...

asked May 29 '12 at 00:47
Blank
Jan
1 point

9 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
When to give up on a product?

I'm getting ahead of myself here because my product hasn't launched yet, but I thought about this and would appreciate the thoughts of this community: Imagine this: You're launching a great app...

asked May 30 '12 at 14:56
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Next steps after launching a social network

So my co-founder and I spent 10 months and launched a social network 2 weeks ago. We are doing simple fb ads and craigslist advertising and have reached 200 users. As anyone will say, our idea is...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 01:24
Blank
R W
8 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.66K Views
Is it normal to have 0 signups after pitching a startup to dozens of journalists?

I've sent concise pitches about my startup (general, and for various features) to around 20 tech journalists from tech blogs/sites (Mashable, Techcrunch, TNW, RRW, Lifehacker, Venturebeat, etc.),...

asked May 19 '12 at 00:43
Blank
Bozho
155 points