Marketing Questions

Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers, for the purpose of influencing buyer behavior and/or precipitate behavioral change.

5 Votes
4 Answers
1.72K Views
How to be recognised?

I have an online game. It's been running for almost three years. Users repeatedly acclaim the game as a very good one. We've had some users sign up on the opening day who still play the game...

asked Nov 27 '12 at 04:49
Blank
Niet The Dark Absol
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Rebranding a New Web Company

I have a website that I have been working on for a few months and I have a pretty decent social media following as well as a lot of visitors on my website and we have decided we need to change the...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 07:13
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
Is sending email a good way to validate an idea with developer companies

So I have built a prototype and I want to validate the idea. Basically it is a social media data mining tool for developers to get feedback for their apps. We retrieve unstructured data from...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 09:51
Blank
Woojah
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
How to get initial users (critical mass) for the product location search site?

I start a product location search site. the idea is retailers give us the data of their products, so that their users can search their products by location and keywords. We've got a problem, how...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 10:00
Blank
Justicepenny
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Dealing with Free and Lite Version of Competitors

We are new to the software field and have been launched ~4 months = 8 sales so far.The conversion rate is 0.5 %.Product is priced around $25-$30 We are in a market with lot of competition,in fact...

asked Nov 28 '12 at 22:17
Blank
James
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
How helpful is a blog for social ecommerce website

I see many websites having their own blogs. The blogs feature mainly the event news and some product information. After reading few of the articles and answers on this site, I see that blogs add to...

asked Nov 11 '12 at 00:11
Blank
Pankaj Upadhyay
156 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
How do I market my app without being a jerk?

I created an app for a popular shopping cart. It is now listed in their app store and it gaining some traction, but not as much as I'd like. The idea for the app came from users asking for it so I...

asked Nov 13 '12 at 06:25
Blank
Alex Markov
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
The European version of Yellow Pages?

What is the biggest business directory in Europe? For example, in North America, Yellow Pages is pretty much the biggest and most refined business directory. What about in Europe?

asked Nov 13 '12 at 10:04
Blank
Jdh
182 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
17.6K Views
Where are C-level titles for marketing and sales?

I very often see these C-level titles: CEO, COO, CTO, CFO. But what about marketing and sales? Are there any C-level titles for those roles? I searched on Wikipedia and I found: CBDO (Chief...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 04:31
Blank
Dan
49 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
Salary to expect for a "well-funded" Manhattan startup

I have a second interview this week for a "well funded Manhattan Startup". They are looking to fulfill the position of both Account Manager and Business Development Manager. I am coming from a very...

asked Nov 19 '12 at 16:07
Blank
Bob
6 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Explain product by example?

Is it a good idea to describe the features of a product/service by making fictional scenarious how to use this product? I know the best aproach would be to present at first the problem and show...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 18:39
Blank
Ovonel
33 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.93K Views
Why is it necessary for online marketing to be mobile-friendly?

Can online marketing still survive even if it isn't mobile-friendly? What advantages can it give to online marketing?

asked Oct 26 '12 at 17:04
Blank
Lorie Lewis
11 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
When a huge company copies your startup

What do you do when a huge online company (as dominant as say Google, Apple, Microsoft etc in their respective niche) has a big feature that's been lacking in their very popular product, and your...

asked Nov 5 '12 at 23:57
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
How to spot a good social media marketer

It's a bit subjective but helpful and on-topic IMO, mayebe should be made community wiki I've been in contact with some guest bloggers lately which are interested in publishing posts on my...

asked Oct 3 '12 at 06:36
Blank
Fiftyeight
125 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.03K Views
What are main functions of a start up that need continous attention

So we are 2 co-founders having a full time job and from the last 14 months are working on a social network. I wanted to share the name of our start up here, but somehow I think that would be cheap...

asked Oct 5 '12 at 01:30
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.56K Views
In lay mans terms, what is the difference between online SEO and offline SEO services?

We are hunting a company to provide SEO services. They asked us whether we need online or offline SEO services. Can anyone please provide what these mean in laymans language? For a sports based...

asked Oct 11 '12 at 02:58
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.5K Views
how might one market to recent mortgagees?

I have a startup idea that involves offering a service to people in the U.S. who recently took out mortgages. I feel as though mailing lists of such people must be available somewhere (from the...

asked Sep 20 '12 at 09:55
Blank
Michael Stern
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
How valuable is a targeted listed of 40,000 emails?

I'm about to release a software as a service targeted at university students. Through the university I currently attend, I was able to export the global email address list (this information is...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 16:31
Blank
Josh Tfs
13 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
How to calculate return on investment?

While my online product is free for users to use and a paid marketing platform for business owners, How can I calculate return on investment of advertising campaign I am running on various...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 21:01
Blank
Sourabh
288 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Recommended courses for a social network co-founder

I am a social network co-founder who recently relocated to NYC area. Apart from focusing on the social network start up, I am trying to take some courses at columbia or NYU. The issue is this - I...

asked Sep 25 '12 at 03:38
Blank
Rajiv Singh
14 points