Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.19K Views
Good sales strategy for startups?

I am one of the first employees of a start-up and joined with a technical background. Now a few years down the line, I would like getting into sales. While I am getting good results, I know they...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 14:33
Blank
Lost In Transit
181 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to scale a startup?

We build a profitable startup In 2 years without any outside investment we are building enterprise software(and producing hardware) for Customer Service Improvement in different...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 07:06
Blank
It Samurai
11 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Lead Generation as a Business partner.

A bit of background…. I have worked for IT consulting firms (B2B) for the past 8 years. More recently with Firms that are business a partners with major vendors. I have held just about every...

asked Aug 8 '11 at 22:51
Blank
Morons
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.41K Views
Should a free listing in a niche directory include full features?

I have built my own web directory for a niche business market. The directory is still in its early days. I have currently kept the basic plan completely free and I am not restricting the...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 14:10
Blank
User12567
24 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.58K Views
How to project product pricing for medical college/school

Our clients are medical schools/colleges. We have given a free product trial for 2 months with our first client. It is a unique product, there's a great learning process and we have had an amazing...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 00:11
Blank
Kumar K
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.71K Views
Shipping goods to restaruant startup in caribbean

I have a restaurant startup in the Caribbean and I'd like to ship some frozen goods there. Believe it or not food is much cheaper here in the U.S (a big surprise to me). I especially want to ship...

asked Aug 10 '11 at 11:26
Blank
Berto77
120 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.77K Views
Dear Customer... What do you want?

Background: I am an entrepreneur who has a product that will now be sold to retail outlets. The sales team is expected to sell 10 units to 5 clients per day. With this, I want them to get feedback...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 20:54
Blank
Salmon
181 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
putting new and not cheap product on global market

we aren't exactly a startup because we've been in business for 4 years, developing products for telco companies in my country. What I insisted in last 2,5 years is that we sponsor development of...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 21:18
Blank
Damir
118 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Profit sharing with sales person

I am trying to start yet another offshore development company. I have couple of people (onshore) who might be generating leads for us and closing the sales. Now the point is that these guys are...

asked Jul 27 '11 at 17:02
Blank
Pradeep
286 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
What should I look for in a business development / account manager

We are a software development house that has a specific target of maintaining and extending existing systems for mid sized companies. We work with them to evolve what they have and improve each...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 17:25
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.71K Views
How to hire sales rep?

What site would you recommend to add posting? Any specialty site that would be better for jewelry sales rep? What template should I use for the contract if any?

asked Jul 16 '11 at 15:08
Blank
Difull
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
How to market and distribute an app targeted to small retailers

In the planning stage of building an app with a monthly subscription element targeted to small business merchants having 1 - 10 retail venues. Looking for any advice on a go to market strategy to...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 22:21
Blank
Dani
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
First time selling indirect, need advice!

I am slowly starting to sell our software through resellers and distributors (one man shops all to way to major Software distributors.) Given my lack of experience, I am wondering what details...

asked Jul 19 '11 at 09:36
Blank
Danny
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
What is standard marketing practice for a niche SAAS product?

My product solves a known problem for a specific industry and I am wondering how best to sell this. Eventhough it is a SAAS based product, our leads won't come online to search for this type of...

asked Jul 8 '11 at 07:30
Blank
User11074
39 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
How does one judge the merits of an idea?

I'm at the Imagine Cup Finals, and I'm getting to see lots of students' projects, and lots of ideas. For competitions like that, there are of course a set of objectives that are slated as part of...

asked Jul 9 '11 at 04:21
Blank
Billy O Neal
121 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Android Market and SaaS. Is there problem?

I'm working on industry specific software. Basic idea is that I have big fat server somewhere, some web app. and mobile clients. Now I started to think about legal parts of this model. Reading...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Katit
276 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Nurturing new "almost" clients? How persistent to be? Sales / Account Management Course?

I've been working as a freelance developer for 10 years or so now, taking on projects and resourcing them with myself and other developers. All has been fine, but over the last 6 months I've been...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 19:58
Blank
Ludo
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Business Models for High-Price Mobile Apps

What business models exist for mobile applications beyond the AppStores that are run by the platform owner (Apple, Google)? The standard business model seems to be low priced apps in 3 segments...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 22:36
Blank
Johannes Rudolph
348 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.15K Views
Obtaining new clients through email marketing

Right now I'm sitting behind my desk at a top 100 company, and quite frankly I started to hate my corporate job. I feel like it is killing my soul everyday. I have always dreamed of owning my...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 01:21
Blank
Hatem
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.27K Views
Open-Source / Free Live Website Chat - for customer service / sales

I was wondering if anyone has come across a free / open-source website chat? I'm interested in something similar to oLark or Live Person, without the monthly fee's... Has anyone ever come across...

asked Jun 19 '11 at 04:17
Blank
Justin Levy
6 points