Software Questions

Successful startups make money by offering people better technology than they have now.

0 Votes
5 Answers
2.36K Views
How to improve the conversion rate of a software?

We have introduced a new software.It has been only 25 days since the launch,we have got only a single sale.I'm just concerned about the conversion rate.What can i do to improve the conversion rate?

asked Aug 9 '12 at 13:53
Blank
Techno
128 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.06K Views
Is it better to approach companies that you think would buy you out, or let them find you on their own?

I am working with a couple of people and we have created some software which, despite being a strong stand-alone, would be even better if integrated with another existing product. This has always...

asked Aug 10 '12 at 02:40
Blank
Jon
137 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
What format for a software homepage will result in more sales?

Currently reviewing two types of homepages for software products: Stylish with minimum content on the homepage: boxshot, download button, buy now button and sometimes features listed as small...

asked Aug 12 '12 at 22:48
Blank
Techno
128 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.22K Views
Software product with very limited support or without it, what is better?

I have a recently launched software product but still have no support options, because of my resources constraints (time, money) plus other priorities (website, SEO, marketing). So, I'm...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 13:16
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Setting up a subsidiary of an Italian software house in the UK

I am currently researching the opportunity to open a foreign subsidiary of my software house in the UK. I am interested in a few issues: Accounting help : Do I need to hire an accountant?...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 17:39
Blank
Inspiring Software
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
How to find business ideas and marketers?

Possible Duplicate: What's the best way to find/evaluate a Marketing co-founder? I work full time as an asp.net developer. I have more than 5 years of professional experience in writing...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 20:02
Blank
Å¡ljaker
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Complete Rookie Here. I Need Advice On Where to Begin From Only an Idea

I'm a complete web/entrepreneur rookie with an idea that I believe in passionately and don't know where to begin. I know for a fact that my idea is unique and will fill a huge hole in the market...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Jrsytomato
72 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Startup Enterprise Software License Agreement for the UK

I've been searching the valuable info in the posts and most suggest to use a lawyer to get a license agreement, especially for the enterprise software we've developed. It's costed by the number of...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 18:33
Blank
Bill
1 point

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
How to share equity among early investors, CEO and product developers in a technology startup

We are planning for a software startup and following is our setup. There are 4 people who came up with idea. But these people can NOT code and build a product. These 4 people are also going to...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 21:24
Blank
John M
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Turning a University project into a business

A good friend and I had an idea for a software/mobile device related business last year, but haven't had the time to develop it yet. He is currently taking a software engineering class at his...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 07:37
Blank
Ekoostik Martin
171 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.6K Views
Should I take royalties or a stake in a startup in return for writing software for them?

This is my first visit here, so hi. I have been asked to write some software for a startup which has an exciting plan. All options are open and in the first instance about 6 months of work is...

asked Jun 26 '12 at 10:38
Blank
Sam Jolly
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Export Control Classification Number

We are a software vendor and provide tools for other software developers. One of large companies requested information in order to determine whether our software is subject to Federal Export...

asked Jul 2 '12 at 10:07
Blank
Poopsky
195 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.34K Views
Market validation for expensive, enterprise software

I have a working prototype for an enterprise software. It is basically a very niche product catering a subset of the engineering firm. Now, what I need, is to validate the market as soon and as...

asked Jun 5 '12 at 14:19
Blank
Graviton
871 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
License model for University/Colleges

We have a product that is sold to schools as a site license. It is used by teachers and students alike. We found that entry was a lot easier when the purchasing process was perceived as simple and...

asked Jun 8 '12 at 08:54
Blank
Jez
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Should I sell my software application or giving it for free?

So I just finished the development of my software application. This is a tool intended to help webmasters to promote their websites in order they may get more traffic. I must add this software is...

asked Jun 11 '12 at 15:11
Blank
Daniel Rios
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.36K Views
Becomming an app developer

I'm currently in the process of creating a game for the WP7 marketplace. I havin't been throught the process of publishing it to the market place yet but was wondering if there are any pre...

asked May 24 '12 at 21:20
Blank
Lavinski
104 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Amazon Payments for B2B Software

We sell B2B software, and receive most of our payments by bank transfer or cheque. We're currently using Google Checkout to take online card payments. We have some issues with Google Checkout...

asked May 25 '12 at 19:57
Blank
Cocowalla
327 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Starting a software company without registration

I want to sell a software product. I would like to use a brand name e.g. mysoftcompany in the EULA (End User License Agreement) and in the contact details of webpage. So that the software is sold...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 01:51
Blank
User17330
18 points

-3 Votes
4 Answers
2.25K Views
Does 20,000 free downloads mean at least 10,000 paid sales?

I have found certain shareware software products have large number of downloads. My question is if there are some 20,000 free downloads, how many of the downloaders would have actually bought and...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 20:43
Blank
Techno
128 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
Advise on profit share for freelancing startup company

Three of us want to create a freelancing company and work via most popular freelancing sites nowadays. We've been working like this for 2 years and we need more people to help us. I see many such...

asked May 10 '12 at 17:07
Blank
Ben Mcss
143 points