Startups Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Lessons learnt while mentoring startups?

If you've done your own startup before and now mentor other startups on the side, what are some things you've learnt (in the process of mentoring them)?

asked Mar 24 '14 at 15:42
Blank
Orlando Osborne
30 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.02K Views
Self funded startup with traction: how to begin hunt for a CEO?

How does a self-funded startup with traction hunt for a good CEO who can help grow it to the next level? VC-funded startups have an advantage since it's the VC who actively sends potential...

asked Mar 22 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Edgar Ellison
35 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
4.03K Views
Tried and tested startup ideas that can be done in developing countries?

Which successful startup ideas that cross cultural barriers can be started in developing countries where there is little to no competition (and the market is up for grabs)?

asked Mar 21 '14 at 17:28
Blank
Jackie Davis
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.2K Views
Responding to investor's rejection emails?

How do you respond to rejection letters from investors? What some strategies to use it in your favor?Are there any stories of how successful startups used rejections from investors when they...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 12:55
Blank
Pablo Smeltzer
49 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.93K Views
Do startups really have to solve a problem to succeed? What about SnapChat?

Is solving a "problem" absolutely required in an idea to build a startup around? What about something like SnapChat. Did they really solve a problem?What about when you're creating a new market...

asked Mar 19 '14 at 15:59
Blank
Christian Eubanks
60 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.92K Views
Disadvantages of choosing Silicon Valley as your startup's hub?

What are some of the cons of being a startup in the bay area?

asked Mar 19 '14 at 13:27
Blank
Lindsey Anderson
10 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.72K Views
When does a startup stop being a startup?

What metrics and size would you say makes a startup not a startup anymore?I'm building a directory of tech companies so want to figure out how to segment startups.

asked Mar 18 '14 at 21:42
Blank
Teresa Jeffers
45 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.62K Views
I'm a highly skilled tech person with little business acumen. How can I find startups looking for a CTO?

I'm a full stack software engineer who knows how to architect and build enterprise scale applications. I don't, however, have an idea for a business or knowledge of how to execute the business side...

asked Mar 17 '14 at 21:41
Blank
Yvonne Ingraham
85 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
Should you incorporate a company from the start? Or is it ok to build the MVP first?

My friend and I want to build a startup together and following the lean startup methodology.Should we spend time and money to incorporate the company and get paperwork in order prior to starting...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 13:58
Blank
Carlos Riley
45 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
What are some tedious tasks entrepreneurs should optimize?

What is something that you do regularly, which is inefficient and should be optimized?

asked Mar 16 '14 at 14:19
Blank
Michal Harper
25 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Biggest mistake you made early on in your startup?

What was the biggest mistake you made during the first few months of your startup?

asked Mar 14 '14 at 22:01
Blank
John Aquino
55 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.48K Views
Good questions to ask when you go for an interview?

What are some questions I should ask startups when I go for an interview?Things that I should know as a potential candidate (so I can qualify the company).

asked Mar 15 '14 at 11:35
Blank
John Mc Ray
30 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.56K Views
What drives you to complete projects you start?

I have started building countless apps over the years and always end up abandoning them when they're 80% there to completion. Usually it's because I start having doubts that it will fail or I lose...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 17:08
Blank
Stephen Parks
15 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.29K Views
I own real estate that I want to lease to startups. How can I attract them?

I have a couple of small properties that I would like to lease to startups and tech companies. What amenities should I provide in order to attract them? Best ways to advertise them to startups...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 04:57
Blank
Jeremy Sykes
20 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Boston neighborhoods good for startups?

Which areas in Boston are best for startups? I'm looking to move there with my co-founder next month.

asked Mar 13 '14 at 04:35
Blank
Jacob Buckelew
25 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.85K Views
Getting rid of unproductive co-founder?

Lets say you're working on a startup with someone for a couple of months and they start to lose interest and aren't pulling their weight. And it has come to a point where just talking it out isn't...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 19:03
Blank
Anne Vickers
15 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Changing your startup's name?

How should I go about changing my startup's name? What are some things to keep in mind in terms of marketing and branding?

asked Mar 12 '14 at 08:13
Blank
Robert Thompson
47 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Should I ask startups about the amount of funding they've received when interviewing?

Is it okay for me to ask founders the exact amount of funding they have received when I go for interviews? While I love startups, I feel the risk is significantly higher for startups without...

asked Mar 9 '14 at 15:25
Blank
Corey Head
25 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.79K Views
Public speaking challenges and how to overcome it?

I am a software developer turned startup founder who is good at executing things. One thing I dread though is speaking in front of an audience, no matter how big or small.This is holding me back...

asked Mar 7 '14 at 12:39
Blank
Ramon Atwood
30 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.35K Views
Lifestyle businesses vs funded startups?

What are some pros and cons to each? There are a few lifestyle businesses that seem to have grown huge without any funding. WikiHow is one such example.Why would you choose one over the other?

asked Mar 6 '14 at 18:00
Blank
Jonathan Thompson
20 points