Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
equity bonus for early stage employee if contacts produce investment

I'm a developer and I've been working with a startup for awhile and things are now getting (more) formalized with regards to equity (grants) and vesting. I am getting equity as a developer but my...

asked Oct 19 '13 at 07:00
Blank
Daysareokay
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.61K Views
If I want to start my own Software Company and Employ people abroad - do I need to register with RCA for a business number?

To begin I am a software enthusiast with minimal business experience. I want to start a sole proprietorship where I develop ideas and then have people help me develop them for me. (people...

asked Sep 12 '13 at 06:30
Blank
B Dillan
13 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
I am a senior software engineer who wants to start my own software development company

I am working as a software engineer at different posts since a decade and now I am looking to start my own software development company. My business model would be offshore development. I have...

asked Sep 13 '13 at 02:47
Blank
Vicky
101 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Is it better to incorporate when deciding to design software and market it yourself?

Suppose I had an idea for a software and I wanted to hire offshore developers/contractors to help me with this idea. Would it be more efficient/better for me if I incorporated? Will IP...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 01:44
Blank
B Dillan
13 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Making a business development deal happen

So I have a brand new startup company that provides valuable resources to a variety of consumers in the college application/admission process, what I want to know is, how can I approach a college...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 07:24
Blank
Bwheeler96
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.72K Views
is it worth to immigrate to USA to start a business?

I want to start a business and have an opportunity to immigrate to US. I am at a crossroads in my life. I have a good business idea and need web developers and programmers to start my website as...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 23:15
Blank
User27529
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
How to create a business?

I am in charge of a game that is starting to get very popular, and would like to start a company or business. I am in charge of a team of 3 (including myself), but me and one of the team members...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 16:48
Blank
Dasttann777
11 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.43K Views
Looking to start a subscription based web site what are the first steps i need to complete? Any links would be helpful

I'm looking to start a new website. The website is going to have a subscription for a specific price. The problems I am running into is where to start first I have already started drawing the site...

asked Jul 26 '13 at 05:07
Blank
User27165
8 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.91K Views
Need tax help for CA LLC selling iOS/Android apps

last year, a friend and i started an LLC in california. we made a couple of mobile apps which we sell through apple, google, amazon, etc. shortly after that, i co-founded another startup, which has...

asked Aug 1 '13 at 07:58
Blank
Ben H
106 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Scale marketing to SMBs?

I've developed software targeted at attorneys and accountants. In conducting interviews (prior to building) I was able to identify a consistent pain point, which my software resolves, but it isn't...

asked Aug 2 '13 at 20:34
Blank
User464180
159 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
How much ACD affects marketing, and customer loyalty and fidelity?

I'm thinking of starting a new educational institute. One of the plans I had in mind was to use a call center with a good ACD (Automatic Call Distribution ) capability, so that each customer would...

asked Aug 9 '13 at 17:29
Blank
Saeed Neamati
153 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How to overcome this business fear?

I am a techie, now creating few amazing text extraction tech(yes, few of them are world's first related to web data). I am full time into it, and still I do not have any problem going opensource if...

asked Jul 15 '13 at 21:26
Blank
Akshayb
116 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Do you think its important to have an office space for startups?

What about a flexible, short term - office space like Regus? What are your thoughts about it?

asked Jul 17 '13 at 01:33
Blank
Shweta
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
LLC, single person, internet-only business: what state am I "doing business" in if I'm perma-travelling?

I have a question similar to this one, with one difference: I'm going to be running my business while travelling the world over the next few years, both in the US and out. (I'm a resident of...

asked Jun 12 '13 at 15:56
Blank
Archagon
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How do I know how many people we will need, and what our expenses will be?

We are an expanding internet publishing company. We are in the process of building out a business plan, with an emphasis on the financial numbers. We are trying to find a way to verify some of...

asked Jun 15 '13 at 07:06
Blank
User1279150
11 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
My wife and I are looking to start 3 seperate businesses, all with different products and services

Should I form a parent company to keep it simple with administrative and taxes? One business is an online retailer, another is a niche sports studio, and another is a media agency. My train of...

asked Jul 1 '13 at 02:40
Blank
Ohio Johnny
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Have an idea. How to start?

I actually have a very nice idea in IT field. It is a large online game which is easy to monetize in case of popularity. I am also a programmer myself so I generally know how to start with my idea....

asked Jul 1 '13 at 04:40
Blank
Artem Moskalev
118 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
Question About C-Corp, Shareholder, and Officer

Person A wants to start a C-Corp in California operating a news website. He is wondering if the following form is legal? A is the only Shareholder and the only Director owning 100% equity. A will...

asked May 21 '13 at 11:29
Blank
User26315
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Delaware LLC loan to member

A Delaware LLC has not elected S or C corp status. The manager owns most of the member interests. The operating agreement gives the manager complete control to do as he sees fit. The manager wants...

asked May 22 '13 at 01:03
Blank
Dave
6 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.63K Views
Better to open a company in my own country or in USA?

Recently I have been thinking about opening a new company, specifically, a pizzeria. I'm from Brazil and here I already have a restaurant on São Paulo - SP, state of Brazil. Initially my objective...

asked Jun 3 '13 at 06:45
Blank
Carlos Xavier
6 points