Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Legal consultation in India

I just started working in India and the firm,I am working for, faces some small legal issues frequently. Small things like boundary dispute, customers check bounce etc. Since we have offices at...

asked May 1 '13 at 05:05
Blank
User899893
24 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Developing a product/service as a result of requirements of existing employer

A is currently employed at company X which in turn is a vendor for company Z. A realized that certain aspects of running the business for Z which X is failing at can be productized/offered as a...

asked May 2 '13 at 00:32
Blank
Moonstar2001
186 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
UK company expanding to US, sponsoring b visa

I work for a UK LTD company who wants to expand to the US. They're arranging the paperwork to start a US business entity, and we have a queue of US customers that means this business will be...

asked May 4 '13 at 04:26
Blank
Stuart Hall
6 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
How relevant is business plan/business model before starting up?

I have worked with some startups, and heard people saying, they have bla...bla...bla business plan that is way better than their competitor, and for sucess you must have a good business model ...

asked Apr 5 '13 at 19:09
Blank
Ay89
113 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.67K Views
Notarizing signitures for the official business contract?

I was just wondering if it is common to ask your co-founders to get their signitures notroized? I trust these people as we are good friends so I don't want to offend them if I asked to get it...

asked Apr 10 '13 at 01:08
Blank
Geddon
20 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.7K Views
Forming a US LLC and paying taxes while outside the US

I am currently a resident alien in Virginia. I have been in the US since November 2011 (never left) and I have a J-1 visa, which expires on February 2014. I am going to leave US and go back to my...

asked Apr 17 '13 at 07:39
Blank
Tolgamorf
103 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.53K Views
is it all about how much sales you will make?

In the beginning of our online retail shop, we always have many thinkings about how much profit will we make per item that we sell in our online shop. But by the time, after 2 years, we ran the...

asked Apr 22 '13 at 01:47
Blank
Kalingga
245 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Foreign LLC vs Domestic LLC - Wyoming & South Carolina

Please help. I'll make this as simple and concise as possible: I will be manufacturing my own parts, AT HOME, in South Carolina. I intend to sell the products exclusively online with an online...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 00:41
Blank
George
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.52K Views
DBA, LLC, or what? For a virtual asset marketplace

My friend and I are currently developing a marketplace for virtual assets. However we are not quite sure how we should set the company up. Do we need only a DBA, or should we go with the LLC route...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 05:47
Blank
Sharkman
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Can I resubmit under my company an abandon patent that was under my name?

If I submitted a patent under my personal name and it was abandoned, can I later resubmit or rather submit it under my company name?

asked Mar 7 '13 at 11:07
Blank
Sdm
6 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.87K Views
How do I advertise the products in my rental business?

I am starting an electronic rental business. Legally, am I allowed to put advertisements in print and web for my business that feature a picture of the electronic and name saying that I rent these...

asked Mar 7 '13 at 14:42
Blank
Lookingforanswers
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
Appropriate equity for marketing / development work?

Looking for a little guidance on an equity offer for a project I'm involved in. I was approached six months ago by a founder-developer who has written software to accomplish an idea originated by...

asked Mar 14 '13 at 18:08
Blank
Alan
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
How to generate revenue from a website using visitor counts? Is there a standard way for doing it?

I want to build a web application that would showcase realestate properties of different owners. One way to generate revenue from this is charging for their property posting and for featured...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 02:10
Blank
Fayaz
35 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
5.15K Views
Can I incorporate my internet business in California/Delaware without a "physical address"?

I am planning a startup in internet space and I live in California. I do not wish to use my home address as the place-of-business (physical) address in the incorporation documents due to concerns...

asked Mar 18 '13 at 18:45
Blank
Joe Black
22 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Side Business on Contractors of current Company?

I work at an Oil & Gas Company in Texas and we use many 1099 contractors to get jobs done (welding, casing, and other services. I have started a side Bookkeeping/Accounting Business with very...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 14:49
Blank
Rob
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
I am non resident alien and want to get I - T - I - N

I am non resident alien and want to get I - T - I - N . I am launching e commerce website and want to register this website as L - L - C business in USA . As per my little research , I got point...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 00:48
Blank
Simpanoz
109 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.29K Views
How do I manage my business money vs personal money?

I recently received my LLC for my business and was able to open my business checking account. Now I have to figure out how to pay myself. When I get my check from my contractor, should I deposit it...

asked Feb 5 '13 at 14:20
Blank
Aleshia
36 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.48K Views
Solar retailer business in india?

I am Sakthivel from india. I am willing to start a retail selling business on all solar products to general public in chennai. There are few facts for this decision. My state is in deficiency of...

asked Feb 6 '13 at 16:23
Blank
Codebrain
187 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.27K Views
Identify the different points of view that an investor will have for a new business

I am currently trying to create from scratch a new business. Is a high cost start business and I dont have the necessary funds, only the information of how to do it, that means from the customers...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 02:52
Blank
Voislav Sauca
83 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
When is a business cofounder needed

I am technical founder right now of my own software startup. Right now, I'm developing the software and am seeking a business cofounder. I lack domain expertise in the various parts of the...

asked Jan 22 '13 at 06:30
Blank
Code Talk
253 points