Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
What are fair terms to hire a business development consultant?

As a startup, we are talking to a business development consultant. He will do business development in a particular country for us. What are the key terms we need to be careful about in a contract...

asked Oct 13 '12 at 00:40
Blank
Ben
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.14K Views
How do I specifically start a business as a government defense supplier?

No matter what shape the economy is in, the government will always have at least a few if not many contracts with defense contractors. I would like to start a business as a supplier to these...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 04:17
Blank
Greg Mc Nulty
75 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
3.28K Views
I have an idea but no free time - can I pay offshore developer?

I am a software developer. I have a good idea and I'd like to create a startup. I am planning to invite one or two of my colleagues as co-founders. Problems: 1) Free time I realised it is very...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 07:42
Blank
Mel
68 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Is starting a business without somebody knowing "business" a good idea?

I am a developer since quite some time. I am having some good ideas and plan to start a business in the startup world. I already have a friend who will join me as a co-founder. Now the problem is:...

asked Sep 13 '12 at 19:46
Blank
Torsten
176 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.46K Views
I might be leaving a startup I co-founded. What are my options?

I co-founded a startup and have been with them for almost a year now. I own around 40 percent of the company, which is to be vested over 3 years. So far, about 1/3 of it has been vested. On top of...

asked Aug 20 '12 at 15:40
Blank
Anonymous
11 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.43K Views
Contact Us Forms

Are "Contact Us" forms still relavant to small businesses/startups or have other more social means (facebook, twitter, etc) become the preferred method of contact.

asked Aug 29 '12 at 04:55
Blank
User19444
21 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
What are your experience on business in making windows phone7 apps vs windows8 apps?

I am currently making windows phone7 apps. I was wondering whether I am missing on something by not making windows8 my primary development platform. I am considering programming for both somewhere...

asked Aug 8 '12 at 18:55
Blank
Lamin Sanneh
114 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How to make an offer?

Assume that you are a custom app seller. You get your customers, on all kind of opportunities like events, blind mails, viral marketing. When you are at the customer you present your...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 16:58
Blank
Maximus M
136 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Starting a Business

I wish to start a business within the UK, which will be an online venture. However, I am unsure of a few things. Firstly, I know I will have to pay income tax, assuming it reaches the threshold of...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 03:58
Blank
Bowersbros
11 points

11 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
Does the concept of "Unlimited Vacation" increase productivity and attract talented employees?

Does the concept of "Unlimited Vacation" increase productivity and attract talented employees ? I've read about it here, specifically: Unlimited vacation fosters productivity and loyalty because...

asked Aug 1 '12 at 23:57
Blank
User1510230
56 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Complete Rookie Here. I Need Advice On Where to Begin From Only an Idea

I'm a complete web/entrepreneur rookie with an idea that I believe in passionately and don't know where to begin. I know for a fact that my idea is unique and will fill a huge hole in the market...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Jrsytomato
72 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.43K Views
Consulting while working

I kinda have a dilemma! My partner and I, who are coworkers, came up with the idea to start our own consulting firm. Our firm will target our present clients. We are Medicaid consultants in a...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Girl Trying To Market
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Which business domain to forward to?

Question: Should I forward my business website to my easier to remember .co or my longer .com? I have two domain names, one of which I was going to forward to my longer .com one. Except when I...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Dkroy
130 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
How to deal with unequal investment between founders and angel investor?

I have a startup company. We have an angel investor who is willing to invest $50,000 in the company for a company share of 33%. That leaves the 67% of the company share for my business partner and...

asked Jul 17 '12 at 19:20
Blank
Mark
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Investor has $50,000 for 1/3 of startup company, founders have only $20,000 for 2/3 of company. How should the company be structured?

During the incorporation of a company, my business partner and I decided to put in $1000 for 1000 shares in the new company. The equity was split 33%, 67%. So I had 670 shares, and business partner...

asked Jul 19 '12 at 14:31
Blank
Mark
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Getting new solution for stalled startup

I have been working on an education services startup for about 1 Year. At this stage the whole product must be completed, but I still have ~30% remaining. Following is my case: We are a group of...

asked Jul 20 '12 at 16:56
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.17K Views
Seeking advice on the order in which to do things

So we have our idea, the site map pretty much laid out and designed, and now we are ready to start looking for a development team. Right now we have three founders and we are looking for one...

asked Jun 19 '12 at 08:42
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Questions on running a company on H1B

I'm currently on OPT and will be switching to H1B soon. I want to start a C corp which will function as an online business. Can my friends who live outside the USA develop the website? They...

asked Jun 20 '12 at 15:37
Blank
Mark13426
131 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
Do I really need a One Page Business Plan?

I've already written a full business plan, but what is the purpose of a "one page business plan?" What's the difference between it and an executive summary? Do I really need one?

asked Jun 6 '12 at 04:06
Blank
Rohit
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
I'm an English man living in Germany, where should I register my business?

I suppose this question would be useful to anyone who is natively from one country but living in another setting up a business. I'm an English man currently with a business bank account and sole...

asked May 25 '12 at 17:59
Blank
Littlejim84
141 points