Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
LLC with 2 members vs Corp to Corp

I am considering forming an LLC, developing a B2B service platform. I am an independent consultant/developer, and have been working with another individual for several years. Over this time, we...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 03:18
Blank
Conrad
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.76K Views
Looking for the right web agency partner

I've started a small web development agency in Cambridge, Uk and I'm just to busy to handle all the work load...I feel like I'm missing out on potential work and I'm starting to drop the ball in...

asked Jan 24 '13 at 09:39
Blank
Charles Marsh
3 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
Most Appropriate Business Type for Selling a Virtual Product?

I run a business where sells certain ebooks and pdfs online. I want to form an official business entity just to be able to operate under that name, protect myself from liability as well as get any...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 14:47
Blank
Clifgray
200 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Business model for a startup

In planning to build an mobile-app based startup, how good and effective is a business model that depends on other products? Or would a rather better business model be where the app by itself is a...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 18:24
Blank
Quik Tester
6 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.98K Views
How to force people state whether they will really contribute/work to a business

I am about creating a spin-off from University. I will quit my job later even. I talked with all my colleagues and they like the idea and support it. My experience with them in academic projects is...

asked Jan 11 '13 at 17:15
Blank
Flow
114 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, just a month before renewal?

What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, especially a month or two before they renew with them? Is there any business term for what I...

asked Dec 15 '12 at 17:20
Blank
Anilkumble789
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Projecting Sales for Web Dev Business Plan

I am putting together a business plan for my Web Development startup. Cost of materials, marketing, etc. are the easy (fixed or one-time cost) parts - but I am trying to figure out how to create a...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Itamar
116 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Is it OK to use a shortened first name as a professional?

My name is Amir Khan but instead of Amir I want use Am Khan on my email accounts, online presence, and that's what I want people to call me by and on everything legal I will of course use my full...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 10:55
Blank
Ariel
138 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How to get long time clients

We are a startup web development venture based in India,we have some one time clients from e-commerce industry but they will not benefit us in the long run.So we are planning to showcase the work...

asked Dec 19 '12 at 15:05
Blank
Manu Kuriakose
36 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Business Entity for Partnership question, or Unincorporated Business?

I'm planning on registering for a reseller's permit and it's telling me to register for a business entity. Currently I have a friend who wants to start something with me. Is it a good idea to do...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 08:54
Blank
Andrewliu
101 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
SaaS company incentives

We run a Enterprise SaaS company. Monthly, we pay our salesmen and distributors a commission upon their clients sales. I'm afraid we're not giving incentives to software development, hardware...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 07:08
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.8K Views
I have a project from client, shall I open a startup or play a mid man and make a cut

I have a project from Client to implement ERP software(starting project of worth 450K$, and may get similar 2 or 3 more projects), I do not have any company for now and is doing a regular software...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 16:18
Blank
Goku
58 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it that way too early to start a business?

I have been sharing my thoughts for getting into some business, with some of my friends & colleagues, but all I get from them is 'Disappointment' & advice like "It's too early for you to do...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 21:50
Blank
Venkatesh
14 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Determine offer for SaaS company?

I've read various forms of the following question, but haven't found an answer that fits the following, so I'm hoping someone can help out. I'm interested in potentially acquiring a currently...

asked Nov 18 '12 at 03:10
Blank
User464180
159 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
Salary to expect for a "well-funded" Manhattan startup

I have a second interview this week for a "well funded Manhattan Startup". They are looking to fulfill the position of both Account Manager and Business Development Manager. I am coming from a very...

asked Nov 19 '12 at 16:07
Blank
Bob
6 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
What are some creative ways for a cash poor start up to compensate a designer?

We are in need of a designer for our start up, but we are pretty much cash poor. I have been talking to a designer for a few days, and he really wants to help as he loves our idea. He is very...

asked Oct 24 '12 at 13:00
Blank
Derek
164 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
I've just lost my business mind, can't think straight!

Business hasn't been great lately, I've been riddled with problems of my service losing demand, employees not seeing a future and am unable to get new services launched in time because of...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 03:57
Blank
Raj
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Software systems that need certification or approval

I am a self taught programmer and web developer, planning to become an Independent Software Vendor. I am creating a software for Accounting and Inventory Management to sell in my local market....

asked Nov 3 '12 at 22:16
Blank
Metadice
23 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.68K Views
Technical Cofounder - How much equity do I ask for?

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? So, the situation is this: Last year I was working freelance, and I was commissioned to build a web app....

asked Nov 5 '12 at 04:16
Blank
Bluepnume
121 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.89K Views
What happens when a corporation(small restaurant) declare bankruptcy?(Canada)

This corporation is a small restaurant in Canada. If there are debts need to be paid to the other companies and to the government, what is the liability of the major share holders and people who...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 07:21
Blank
Shawn
6 points