Getting Started Questions

These are the basics you'll need if you're looking to be an entrepreneur and start marketing yourself.

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.73K Views
Amount of time needed to allot to CEO responsibilities

Interesting story. I'm 15 years old. Im planning on launching a start up. Now obviously, there are concerns that I have, not necessarily about the performance of future employees, but my...

asked Aug 16 '12 at 10:27
Blank
soup123
43 points

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.74K Views
Shares to programmers

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? So I friend of mine has this idea for a kind of social network based on video blogging, for obvious...

asked Aug 21 '12 at 03:14
Blank
J Striedinger
1 point

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
To the Coders...what would you consider acceptable terms to join a new start up?

If you were approached by an idea guy (one with not much money), and lets say that the idea itself was an 8 to 10...what would you consider acceptable terms to join the start up? If you could give...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 09:57
Blank
Derek
164 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
Running a startup in parallel with a job in the United Kingdom?

I am a Software Developer who recently graduated from University. I just secured a job with a big company with a nice salary. However I don't really see myself being content with that as I have...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 20:07
Blank
Loosebruce
121 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
When to commercialize a product?

I am a young university student with a good number of years experience in both small/large software companies. This has put me in a good position to find strong student developers and lead/consult...

asked Aug 27 '12 at 03:31
Blank
Anon 205
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.67K Views
What's the problem with Inc. when it comes to small startup?

I have talked to many consultancies, law firms, CAs etc. What I found common from their suggestions is that I shouldn't choose Inc./Corp. for small startup. They suggested me to start with LLC/Pvt....

asked Aug 27 '12 at 17:11
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

6 Votes
7 Answers
2.82K Views
Not an IT person at all and I want to start an online based company- any advice?

I want to start my own wedding and event planning business. My business will be very online based. I want to create a website where my clients can have their own log-in information on my site where...

asked Aug 28 '12 at 10:06
Blank
Laura
31 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.43K Views
Contact Us Forms

Are "Contact Us" forms still relavant to small businesses/startups or have other more social means (facebook, twitter, etc) become the preferred method of contact.

asked Aug 29 '12 at 04:55
Blank
User19444
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.32K Views
What are benefits of container group of companies?

From my understanding, I can register a company with any name (not necessarily product/service name) and launch multiple products/services under it. Plus, I can associate trademarks with this...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 05:02
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.57K Views
Do I need to give trademark rights to my incorporated company?

I hold many trademarks personally (no business entity involves here). If I launch a company which is independent legal entity, do I need to give trademark rights to company before using it? Or, I...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 05:12
Blank
Sachin Shekhar
260 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.58K Views
What legal considerations must be taken before launching a stealth landing page?

Not sure if this is a silly question but wanted to make sure I dot my i's. Are there any particular legal aspects that need to be considered or finalized before launching the stealth (sign-up)...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 10:22
Blank
Anand Patel
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
Do universities and startups mix together?

Sites such as Facebook were created while attending a University. According to this source "About two-thirds say they work part time" so it is common to see university students working. But what...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 12:58
Blank
Kate Owen
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
51.3K Views
How do I estimate the cost of utilities for a 2500 sqft office?

I'm putting together a business plan for a startup, and I need to provide an estimate for utility costs. For my plan, this is an office of 12 employees with an average of 2 CPU's per workstation....

asked Aug 14 '12 at 12:32
Blank
Erick Robertson
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Should the company be named after a product?

I think a lot of people with ideas wonder about this - should they come up with a company name first or figure out the name for a product, get a domain name matching the name and then register a...

asked Jul 24 '12 at 11:46
Blank
Webbie
2,835 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
New business. How *exactly* does one raise VC capital, or any other startup capital?

First off I'm very glad to have found this exchange because a lot of questions will be forthcoming from me. The skinny: I started a new business a couple months ago, an LLC. My skill set is in...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 10:51
Blank
Manchine
104 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
Starting a Business

I wish to start a business within the UK, which will be an online venture. However, I am unsure of a few things. Firstly, I know I will have to pay income tax, assuming it reaches the threshold of...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 03:58
Blank
Bowersbros
11 points

-3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Does it matter if a online business is registered or not?

I was wondering about having my online business registered in Canada. My biggest concern about having my business registered is does the governments rules really matter when it comes to online...

asked Jul 31 '12 at 16:33
Blank
Ub3rst4r
103 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
My one-man startup has been invited in a startup showcase event of a prestigious university. How to go about it?

It seems, my one-man startup has been doing well, and has been noticed by a prestigious university. They recently sent me a letter inviting me to their annual Technology- Management Fest, where...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 03:13
Blank
Vaivhav
32 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.88K Views
Starting business in England from abroad

Well, I want to register a business in England from abroad. Because I don't have a registered address in UK, I am planning to use one of these formation agents from the official list and plan to...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 21:52
Blank
Noway
192 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
iOS Developer Program Company Enrollment Bank Account

I would like to enroll for Apple iOS development. I am also planning to start a company for this. My question is that, how Apple will going to pay my earnings from Appstore? Must I open a bank...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 06:28
Blank
Noway
192 points