Sales Questions

Discuss startup sales strategies and what it takes to sell the product that you’ve designed and developed.

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.11K Views
Clients taking a long time to pull the trigger

We are a startup building an e-learning tool for the medical education market, and we had a few meetings with colleges. One potential client is taking a long time to decide whether to use our...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Karan
54 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.92K Views
Prospect asks for client references, you don't have any what do you say to get the deal?

If you are doing a direct sale and don't have any client references to offer, and the prospect is interested in going forward but needs client references what do you do? How can you still get the...

asked Feb 25 '11 at 06:57
Blank
Stacey
484 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Trouble in building content for E learning tool designed for medical school/college & motivating the content designers

We are a start up company, buiding a E learning content for our medical schools/college and we are in good situaltion with the E learning tool however we do not have the content for our tool. We...

asked Feb 27 '11 at 22:51
Blank
Karan
54 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
How do you ask a client to write a testimonial?

Any tips to collect testimonials? I have some clients. They seemed to be satisfied with my services, but they were reluctant to write a written testimonial. Please advise.

asked Feb 27 '11 at 23:42
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
Do you feel anxious when you don't receive any inquiry from prospective clients for consecutive days?

What do you do when you don't receive any inquiries from potential clients for consecutive days?

asked Mar 1 '11 at 23:49
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.64K Views
I'm a techie, not a marketing guy. How can I market my business?

My partner and I started a website development company a few years ago which specializes in making high quality (great graphics, functionality, and SEO) websites/applications for small-medium...

asked Feb 9 '11 at 08:56
Blank
Metropolis
118 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.35K Views
Can anyone share experiences in licensing content?

I have two companies that have interest in licensing my business's content (training materials). I want to offer exclusive and non-exclusive pricing options, maintenance fees (for annual updates),...

asked Jan 31 '11 at 07:22
Blank
User6935
36 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.28K Views
Marketing documents helpful for a sales team

A little background. We are a small company developing our own product in the market. And we are quickly approaching the release deadline. We have a few weeks to finish up some testing and work...

asked Jan 13 '11 at 21:53
Blank
Whoami
108 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
I have received an offer for my domain. what should I do?

I have received a great offer for the domain name techhotbed.com and techhotbed.net (all of which I own under a company name). A very powerful blog building company approaches me last week and made...

asked Jan 19 '11 at 05:54
Blank
Donald
136 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.16K Views
Looking for a web app for business expectations or goals

I started my own business about 7-8 months ago. Everything looks great and we are growing very nicely. I like web apps to keep my business organized (teamworkpm for project management, freshbooks...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 16:57
Blank
Julio
19 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
11.3K Views
How to reply to a prospective client's first inquiry in email?

I'm an English-Chinese interpreter and receive prospective clients' email inquiry about my services from time to time. However, I found quite a few clients become unresponsive after I reply to...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 18:18
Blank
Steven
1 point

0 Votes
4 Answers
56.5K Views
What's the difference between a retailer, dealer and trader?

What's the difference between a retailer, dealer and trader? Do they all mean the same thing? Are they all buying goods from distributors and selling them to consumers, and therefore at the end...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 03:08
Blank
Tim
101 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.35K Views
Where/how do I find sales people, in the United States, to work for my start-up. Is there a website for this kind of situation

My start-up is finally coming together; however, I am in dire need of a solid sales team to go out into the market and attract customers. I want to pay them per store they sign-up. Can anyone refer...

asked Jan 12 '11 at 18:20
Blank
User6528
149 points

2 Votes
7 Answers
3.13K Views
What's the best sales book you've ever read?

Any recommendation? Is sale a process to deliver comfort which is declared in the book "E-myth revisited"?

asked Dec 19 '10 at 16:11
Blank
Steven
1 point

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.6K Views
What was the last book you read?

Possible Duplicate: What books do you recommend? Being an entrepreneur, we may need to learn from books. What was the last book you read? To me, it was "Founders at work".

asked Dec 20 '10 at 00:30
Blank
Steven
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Verifying commodities in China before buying

I found some commodities in China, and I'm very interested in import them for reselling in my country. However I'd like to verify the commodity's status before make my first buy. Do you know a way...

asked Dec 22 '10 at 15:05
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
How to project sales in the development stage?

Happy New Year! I am beginning to write a business plan for a future startup based on an innovative software technology I developed. An actual product is still in development. I am using a...

asked Dec 31 '10 at 12:57
Blank
Eternal Learner
168 points

26 Votes
21 Answers
12.5K Views
Why do developers/techies avoid salespeople?

Over the past several months, we've been expanding our marketing efforts to include developers and other techies. One thing we've noticed is that these front-line folks don't want to talk. At...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 11:39
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
How do you get developers/engineers to engage salespeople?

The other day, I asked Why do developers/techies avoid salespeople, and found some great insight. To sum up the answers on the question, it's a matter of introversion and arrogance. So how does...

asked Dec 11 '10 at 08:06
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Pros and cons of FatFreeCRM?

What are the pros and cons of using FatFreeCRM? It appears to be a lightweight, open-source CRM package. What important features in other CRM packages is it lacking? How difficult is it to...

asked Nov 20 '10 at 05:27
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points