Website Questions

Setting up a website is a key step in starting a new business and in today's world, an effective web presence is a vital marketing tool.

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
One-day-access trial pricing plan

I have a Japanese learning community website... Currently there are three main plans... Free: Access some of the content (some 20 lessons, a few cheat sheets, etc.), for free, forever. This is...

asked Jan 20 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Philip Seifi
132 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
2.99K Views
Start-up Address and Phone Number

What are people's perspectives on a start-up that has or doesn't have a physical location or phone number listed on their website? My site is currently still in Beta and I am still making...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 13:06
Blank
John
161 points

7 Votes
2 Answers
3.3K Views
How to get users enganged and active in a new website?

Me and my team are working on an online project where people can give away unwanted stuff and get stuff they are looking for. The problem is that from my experience people tend to get engaged in...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 18:49
Blank
Shir
51 points

8 Votes
3 Answers
4.97K Views
Get beta testers

I'm working on a website that I'll need beta tested soon. It's a startup. Where should I go to get a good pool of testers? It would also be great to have a good pool of hackers who can show...

asked Jan 5 '11 at 05:21
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.65K Views
Where do I find VCs?

I am making a new site, and I need some investors for it. The work is quite done, but I am unable to find people who would like to invest in the site. How and where can I find...

asked Jan 7 '11 at 07:26
Blank
Amit
113 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.08K Views
Getting visitors and earning money through directory based websites

I've built up an open web directory of companies as well as added a classifieds listings to the site. Its built such that anyone can log in and create their company profile and post classifieds...

asked Jan 9 '11 at 17:33
Blank
Ali
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
What makes a Successful Web Site Launch?

What are the 5 must-do basic things to have a shot at being marginally successful on a first day web site launch? The measure of success is defined (in our case) as at least having: 1) 50000 hits...

asked Jan 10 '11 at 04:15
Blank
Donald
136 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.3K Views
Is there a company that you can turn over your web site and let it run the biz for you and split the profit?

We spent quite a bit of money and time building a great IT career Site. In the meantime, another opportunity that's more lucrative with less competition came up. So we are looking to have the...

asked Jan 11 '11 at 08:47
Blank
Donald
136 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Is there a proven way to attract users to a site besides the usual suspects we all know?

Aside from Adwords, Link Building, blogging, what are some other ways to attract and retain a loyal user base??

asked Jan 12 '11 at 06:55
Blank
Donald
136 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.26K Views
How might a non-profit public service website be valued?

Assume a website that provides a free service to a certain community (disability related). The site is run by a charitable foundation and there's no charge for the users of the site. There are 2...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 08:57
Blank
Howie
148 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.7K Views
Need a top firm for help with Marketing of software solutions

We have done marketing internally for several years. Now we have multiple markets and multiple new products, so need to get some professional help to scale things up and catchup. I am looking for...

asked Dec 18 '10 at 01:21
Blank
Paroon Chadha
61 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.62K Views
How to make a Web Site Profitable?

We built a high quality, scalable and well put together Career based web application that caters to the IT/Tech industry. It is designed to compete with the best and biggest (think Dice.com,...

asked Dec 18 '10 at 04:30
Blank
Donald
136 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.57K Views
How to gain members, contributers, and a community

In the next year or so I am opening up a website that targets coders and designers. Some features will be a blog (or blogs), categories to submit stuff and also a forum to help build a community....

asked Dec 18 '10 at 14:09
Blank
Trippy
106 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.93K Views
If you can't come up with a business model for your idea for a website, can you just slap ads on it and call it a day?

I apologize in advance to smart, experienced tech entrepreneurs if the question is absurd, I'm just trying to get where you are and you have to start somewhere. I have an idea for a website that...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 17:15
Blank
Beachrunnerjoe
319 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.15K Views
Real time visitor tracking

I've just started my journey and am wondering what tools do you use for the real-time tracking of visitor activity on the site? I know there are tools like Mint and Google Analytics which give you...

asked Dec 20 '10 at 22:29
Blank
Alg
21 points

8 Votes
10 Answers
6.47K Views
How to resolve a classic chicken and egg dilemma?

My team and I are facing the classic chicken/egg dilemma and need help resolving this issue. We built a highly scalable, dynamic career site 100% dedicated to the IT industry and are ready to...

asked Dec 27 '10 at 19:46
Blank
Donald
136 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
General partnership or joint venture with global online company?

I want to establish a partnership with a company abroad that offers online services through their portal in few countries worldwide. I would like to leverage their online platform to provide...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 08:26
Blank
Mmiesi
33 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
Copyright Issues With Creating "Social Search Engine"

I want to create a "social search engine" website. The idea is for people to search for jobs (or articles, or recipes -- I am necessarily targeting jobs), and be able to view them on my site,...

asked Dec 14 '10 at 07:11
Blank
Moteutsch
116 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
How to collect data for starting a website

HI, I am about to launch my new web application which deals with exchanging info about a certain city among the users. but in the first launch, i will not have any users. So even if i advertise...

asked Nov 26 '10 at 18:25
Blank
Anand
116 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.61K Views
How sites like formspring can earn money

I want to make a new site like formspring, but different idea . I didn't see any Ads or any advertising methods in these site . How they can they earn money from the site . What's the best...

asked Nov 26 '10 at 20:13
Blank
Maged
108 points