LLC Questions

A corporate structure whose members cannot be held personally liable for the company's debts or liabilities. Combines characteristics of corporations and partnerships or sole proprietorship.

2 Votes
1 Answers
LLC Formation & Customer Payments

I currently run a small two person web development team. For that last couple years I have simply had clients make checks out to my name which I cashed directly into my personal account. Through...

LLC
asked Feb 10 '10 at 07:07
Blank
Aac
85 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
LLC Formation in California

I recently submitted paperwork to form a LLC in California. About a week after submitting my paper work, I came across this post: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/107228.html One...

asked Feb 13 '10 at 05:36
Blank
Aac
85 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
9.56K Views
How can you keep money in an LLC account when it isn't taxed directly?

I know LLCs can be pass-through tax entities, so you don't pay tax at the LLC level but only on the income of each member. Is the money only taxed when used to pay members? Can you keep money in...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 12:39
Blank
George Jenson
108 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.99K Views
Why don't investors like to invest in an LLC?

I have read that if you are raising money, that an LLC is a dispreferred vehicle for your company. Why do investors not like to invest in an LLC?

asked Nov 18 '09 at 07:34
Blank
Joseph Turian
895 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
3.4K Views
Are LLC and "S Corporation" the same thing? What are the differences?

From what I have read, both LLCs and S-Corps give you the benefits of a Corporation for legal purposes while avoiding double taxation. However, I can't determine what the difference between the...

asked Nov 5 '09 at 23:08
Blank
El Presidente
26 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
1.59K Views
worth it to incorporate?

I live in CA, and I am publishing a Web site that I intend to generate a tiny amount of cash through ad revenue. It costs $800/year to form an LLC in CA which is exactly what I made last year in ad...

LLC
asked Oct 21 '09 at 02:12
Blank
Don Zacharias
132 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
5.22K Views
Seller permit to sell online in US for non resident

I am a non resident of US. I'm setting up this online store where you can buy consumer products - targeted at US market. When I approached wholesale suppliers who don't have any affliate model they...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:12
Blank
Jyothirmayee
11 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
1.34K Views
Can you registers a LLC if you're not in the US?

Is it possible for a foreign company to register a LLC in the US?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 13:33
Blank
Sean Lin
143 points